Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I ordered a Mach balanced from a supporting vendor and I was sent the Mach shorty balanced. How much louder is the Mach shorty balanced over the Mach balanced? I'm wanting more flow but not a super loud exhaust. I do family road trips and wanted the Mach balanced for the quieter cruising volume. I had to wait 3 weeks for the vendor to ship it to me and I really don't want to wait another week for them to sort this out to get the Mach if the shorty isn't that loud. I know that someone is going to say put on the shorty and see what it sounds like. If I do that, I can't send it back at that point. Looking for help from you guys.

TIA!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the shorty and it isn't too loud....granted it is a bit louder now due to my long tube headers. But the beauty of it all is that the j-pipes on it when adjusted right take the drone away and you don't even know it's there until you get on it.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I have the shorty and it isn't too loud....granted it is a bit louder now due to my long tube headers. But the beauty of it all is that the j-pipes on it when adjusted right take the drone away and you don't even know it's there until you get on it.
Agreed, I have kooks mids and the mach shorty and I can hardly hear it inside until you mash the throttle. Very easy to carry on a conversation inside the car while cruising.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I wanted to let you know that based on everything you guys said, I had the shorty installed today. Wow! I'm glad I did. It sounds so much better than I expected and it's really quiet on the freeway. Again, thanks to all who responded.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well, I wanted to let you know that based on everything you guys said, I had the shorty installed today. Wow! I'm glad I did. It sounds so much better than I expected and it's really quiet on the freeway. Again, thanks to all who responded.
Not a problem, I'm glad you like it! Enjoy

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Glad it worked out and you are happy with your kit! Welcome to the SOLO family!

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
GOINGSOLO2
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing