Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I ordered a Mach balanced from a supporting vendor and I was sent the Mach shorty balanced. How much louder is the Mach shorty balanced over the Mach balanced? I'm wanting more flow but not a super loud exhaust. I do family road trips and wanted the Mach balanced for the quieter cruising volume. I had to wait 3 weeks for the vendor to ship it to me and I really don't want to wait another week for them to sort this out to get the Mach if the shorty isn't that loud. I know that someone is going to say put on the shorty and see what it sounds like. If I do that, I can't send it back at that point. Looking for help from you guys.

TIA!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the shorty and it isn't too loud....granted it is a bit louder now due to my long tube headers. But the beauty of it all is that the j-pipes on it when adjusted right take the drone away and you don't even know it's there until you get on it.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I have the shorty and it isn't too loud....granted it is a bit louder now due to my long tube headers. But the beauty of it all is that the j-pipes on it when adjusted right take the drone away and you don't even know it's there until you get on it.
Agreed, I have kooks mids and the mach shorty and I can hardly hear it inside until you mash the throttle. Very easy to carry on a conversation inside the car while cruising.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I wanted to let you know that based on everything you guys said, I had the shorty installed today. Wow! I'm glad I did. It sounds so much better than I expected and it's really quiet on the freeway. Again, thanks to all who responded.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well, I wanted to let you know that based on everything you guys said, I had the shorty installed today. Wow! I'm glad I did. It sounds so much better than I expected and it's really quiet on the freeway. Again, thanks to all who responded.
Not a problem, I'm glad you like it! Enjoy

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Glad it worked out and you are happy with your kit! Welcome to the SOLO family!

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts