Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let the Colorado guys know I made it to Iraq alright. I am getting settled in and into a routine. Just 43 more days to go. Hope you all are well.

Mike

·
Juice Addict
469 Posts
Now you just have to make it home safe. GL!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Bout time you checked in!!

be safe...holler if ya need anything

David

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bout time you checked in!!

be safe...holler if ya need anything

David

Uhh case of Guinness and a bottle of good whiskey! Oh wait, stupid General Order 1B. No booze. No wonder why everyone hates Iraq. Oh well home again soon enough.

Mike

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hey Mike -- Glad to hear from you!

I was at the track Friday, and thought of all you guys! I went to the 3rd round (not qute as good at the finals the previous time tho). I had my best run to date. Ran a 14.02 at 101.9 MPH. my best 60' time was 2.16! The air is getting better now that it is cooling off. Have one more race on Friday, 10/2. I need to do good. Currently I am sitting 6th in the points chase.

Keep us posted Mike, we'll be looking for updates from you! Take care & be safe!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Hey Bro!!!!

How's it going over there???
Need anything from the home front sent over to you??

Wy

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Bro!!!!

How's it going over there???
Need anything from the home front sent over to you??

Wy

Not bad here, getting into the routine, groundhog day you know. Don't need much that I can't get here. Working 6 days a week for 12-14 hours isn't the most fun in the world but it makes the time go by faster. Can't believe I have been gone almost a month. About time to start thinking about coming home.

Also a friend of mine here is restoring a 50 Chevy Half-Ton. I told him about your truck and he wanted some pictures if you could send em.

michael.giles at blab.afcent.af.mil

·
Registered
531 Posts
Good hearing from you, Mike. We are all freezing here. Snowed yesterday and the hi tomorrow is only supposed to reach freezing. May make for an interesting night at the ballpark, as the Rockies are supposed to host the Phillies for game 3.

Send us some warm weather! Take care and be safe!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Mike...will be out soon
JLasti...power slides on snow slick roads was way too much fun...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hey Wy -- Are you going out there soon, or is that a soon to be coming home to Mike? Just curious. Power sliding in the G8? Wow, you are much braver than I. The GXP is tucked away in the garage.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jlasti - Think he meant he was sending me the pictures out soon, and he did.

I hope the G8 does well in the snow since it is my daily driver. Of course on snow days I take E-470 to work since it is well plowed. It is the little part of I-25 and Dry Creek that are the suck.

Trying to send some warm weather out there, let me know if you get it. What sucks is there will be no transition for me. It will be hot when I leave here and cold when I land at home. Oh well.

Mike

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hi Mike -- Thanks for the clarification, I was confused! I think the nicer weather is coming. Supposed to be close to the 70s here later this week & weekend. How much longer do you have over there?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well we have another gxp in the denver area now.The other stryker gxp have surfaced finally and in all places (Henderson) Whats the chances of that. Only 2 in the state and they end up with in 2 miles of each other.How cool is that.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well we have another gxp in the denver area now.The other stryker gxp have surfaced finally and in all places (Henderson) Whats the chances of that. Only 2 in the state and they end up with in 2 miles of each other.How cool is that.

Pretty amazing if you ask me. Also the shear number (well 4 anyways) of Stryker Blue G8s in the Denver area.

·
Juice Addict
469 Posts
Here in Laramie, there are 2 SBM's. My GXP and a debadged (betting V6). Population <30k, even with students.

·
Registered
531 Posts
So now we have 3 GXPs, 2 GTs, and one more (the possible V6) SBM G8s here close! Amazing -- we need to get together for photos!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Out at the base we have mine and Marauder's stryker blue GTs.
There is a black GXP with bluish colored headlamps...
There is a white GXP, purchased from Alpine Pontiac that parks near me
And there is another GT ... I think it is Magnetic Gray Metallic...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Out at the base we have mine and Marauder's stryker blue GTs.
There is a black GXP with bluish colored headlamps...
There is a white GXP, purchased from Alpine Pontiac that parks near me
And there is another GT ... I think it is Magnetic Gray Metallic...

At least mine is the only one with the stripes. Didn't realize it would set me apart so much. The MGM is the other guy who stopped me at the BX gas station.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I passed a MGM GT going south on I25 this afternoon. I buzzed him.
Wednesday night in Brighton saw a white GXP, and have seen a Liquid Red GT up there a few times also.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts