Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Out at the base we have mine and Marauder's stryker blue GTs.
There is a black GXP with bluish colored headlamps...
There is a white GXP, purchased from Alpine Pontiac that parks near me
And there is another GT ... I think it is Magnetic Gray Metallic...
Sounds like the G8 gathering is at the base. We should all meet around there sometime soon -- after Maurader returns....

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Yeah...cuz man Henderson is too much of a drive for me!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I would be all for a G8 gathering welcome home party. It'll probably take all my will power to not get the car sideways leaving the airport!! Nah I will probably do it.

Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
Greetings all from the other GXP in Henderson :)

Marauder, I just checked out your pics...I've been thinking of doing white stripes on mine and wondered what it looked like...now I know and I do like it. Maybe I'll look at other colors, though....hate to copy someone else :) Take care over there.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Greetings all from the other GXP in Henderson :)

Marauder, I just checked out your pics...I've been thinking of doing white stripes on mine and wondered what it looked like...now I know and I do like it. Maybe I'll look at other colors, though....hate to copy someone else :) Take care over there.

Those were the factory stripes, I bought it off the lot that way. My wife and daughter talked me into it. But I get more comments about the stripes than anything else. Of course about a week after I got the car I noticed one of the roof stripes is of center.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Uhh case of Guinness and a bottle of good whiskey! Oh wait, stupid General Order 1B. No booze. No wonder why everyone hates Iraq. Oh well home again soon enough.

Mike
Dont forget hating Afghanistan as well LOL!! How about being the only military/civilian force in the world that cant enjoy a nice drink before bed!! I hear they are trying to take smoking away as well, WTF, leave it to a bunch of do gooder desk jockies to sit around and think up dumb**** to make our lives even more miserable!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
BTW 40 days left for me and I will be home for good!!! A year in this craphole is long enough for anyone IMO!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yeah...cuz man Henderson is too much of a drive for me!!
Hey Wyome -- Henderson's not THAT far away! Just a hop skip & a jump! JK

Anyway -- Enjoy the rest of today, as it sounds like the weather gona turn again. & GO BRONCOS!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
21 Days to go. Can't wait to get home. Still have some work to do around here, but the end is in sight. Can't wait to see all of you again, after spending some time with the family of course.

Mike

·
Registered
134 Posts
21 Days to go. Can't wait to get home. Still have some work to do around here, but the end is in sight. Can't wait to see all of you again, after spending some time with the family of course.

Mike
Stay safe and watch the days fly by!! 21 days is a drop in the bucket and will be over in no time!! Take care!!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Man as long as they ain't adding days to your countdown it's all good!!! I got a 45 day countdown until I go TDY to san antonio...lucky break I guess

y'all get home safe

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
No extra days for this guy. My replacment shows up pretty soon. Then I know it will be go home time. Lackland huh? Sounds like fun.

Mike

·
Registered
531 Posts
Less than three weeks! That is great. We will have to start planning the welcome back party soon! Good luck & take care. -- Here's to your safe returns.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Less than three weeks! That is great. We will have to start planning the welcome back party soon! Good luck & take care. -- Here's to your safe returns.
I am having visions of the Colorado Styker Blue Metallic Convention happening sometime mid november. Beer and hot wings work for me! Hope you all are enjoying the snow. Still mid 90s here. Probably will be till I leave. Going to be quite the shock when I get off the plane in a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Marauder & Medic,

You guys about done over there yet???

David/wyome

·
Registered
134 Posts
Marauder & Medic,

You guys about done over there yet???

David/wyome
3.72 MORE DAYS LEFT HERE AT FOB WARRIOR!! I have 5 days after that in Bagram and then I am headed out of this hellhole!!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
First & Foremost:
HAPPY VETERANS DAY to you guys -- and all the Vets, actives & reserves...You guys are great & I personally appreciate all the sacrifices you make! THANK YOU!

In Qatar right now waiting on the freedom bird tomorrow. Should be back in Denver on friday! Just in time for it to snow right?

Mike

You asked for Mike! Rain snow mix for the weekend - Friday and Saturday.

Hey Wyome - when do you leave for San Antonio?

Possibly the next weekend we'll all have to get together!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Mike,
Have a safe flight!!! And if you got summer only tires DO NOT try them out in the snow...ugh.

JLasti,
I fly out 30 Nov for about 3 weeks.

Need to have a G8/GTO nite at a Sonic or sumthin I think

·
Registered
531 Posts
Need to have a G8/GTO nite at a Sonic or sumthin I think
I agree -- I would say that maybe the 21st - Saturday evening (Mike can get settled in, Wyome can get prepped to leave, and we wouldn't be messing with Holiday conflicts).

I am sure there a Sonic that is somewhere in the middle - I know of the ones up here in the North Metro area -- do you know where there is one that is more Central/South/East Metro Denver?

It would be great if we can all get together (weather dependent).

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
About this Discussion
45 Replies
8 Participants
jlasti
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing