Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm running the cat back system and love it. I get tons of compliments on the sound. They get a little loud from time to time but absolutely no drone. As far as price, I have no clue. I have never been a fan of buying used exhaust, you really don't know how long you have until you burn the packing out. With the exception to Flow masters and Hooker's comp series cans. jmo

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm running the cat back system and love it. I get tons of compliments on the sound. They get a little loud from time to time but absolutely no drone. As far as price, I have no clue. I have never been a fan of buying used exhaust, you really don't know how long you have until you burn the packing out. With the exception to Flow masters and Hooker's comp series cans. jmo
Thank you, never thought about the burn packing out. I need to look into this more.

Anyone know how long these mufflers go for?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Had mine for 40k. Love the sound, but it does drone.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just a loud humming sound at certain RPMs / speeds for instance mine drones from 65-75 mph or around 2000 rpm

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just a loud humming sound at certain RPMs / speeds for instance mine drones from 65-75 mph or around 2000 rpm

Is the noise bare able where I can talk to someone in the car? Also could I make the drone stop some how? Thank for your help ;) hopefully it sounds like a beast.

By the way my car is all stock as of now.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Stock it shouldn't be too bad, with full exhaust and a cam it's pretty loud. But I like it that way!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Remove the mid muffler and put an x pipe in its place. The drone and vibration sound of the afm at 60-70mph will almost go totally go away. That's my set up and I'm happy with it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
40 Posts
Stock it shouldn't be too bad, with full exhaust and a cam it's pretty loud. But I like it that way!

Thank, I wonder if I have seen your GT around here. I have seen a couple of black gts around here. Only one with an exhaust and it was sexy. A lot of people try to race you with the exhaust noise around here? Hopefully no one tries to race me on the streets lol it's to dangerous for me. Any tracks nearby?

Remove the mid muffler and put an x pipe in its place. The drone and vibration sound of the afm at 60-70mph will almost go totally go away. That's my set up and I'm happy with it.

Sounds good il do that if the noise is crazy. Hopefully it works out.

- How much is the x pipe?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thank, I wonder if I have seen your GT around here. I have seen a couple of black gts around here. Only one with an exhaust and it was sexy. A lot of people try to race you with the exhaust noise around here? Hopefully no one tries to race me on the streets lol it's to dangerous for me. Any tracks nearby?
Where are you located? I'm in royal oak area. My car has been in storage since November.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You can pick one up on ebay for about $40. You'll need a 2.25" I'd recommend it, it sounds much better.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000CC9C46/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1363554809&sr=8-6&pi=SL75

Like that one at amazon? I'm finding a lot of 2.25" x pipes not sure which one is correct lol. Il prolly just end up buying this xpipe and install both at the same time to save some money.

Copythishttp://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000CC9C46/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1363554809&sr=8-6&pi=SL75

Where are you located? I'm in royal oak area. My car has been in storage since November.

Oh ok I'm located in Ann Arbor. Hmm was a 2-3 weeks ago nearby royal oak mall.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Besides helping with drone an x-pipe helps with exhaust pulses and makes the gases exit "cleaner" which results in more HP

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Besides helping with drone an x-pipe helps with exhaust pulses and makes the gases exit "cleaner" which results in more HP
Hmmm never knew that thank!

Today I was in a different car following my G8 car and the magnaflow wasnt't noticeable loud at all I couldn't hear much from my G6 maybe a couple times when my friend got on the acceleration. Isn't it suppose to be loud where other cars can hear it?

·
Registered
165 Posts
it all depends on what you want

1 - 19 of 19 Posts