Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
MRG82U
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm saving the money for a 1900, and Iv been looking on here trying to find if there is any thing else that is recommended or mandatory to get for it that's not in the kit. I know I'll need gauges, gauges pod, and tune but is there any thing else I should get? And Iv been looking at the cog set up for it where can I get that from? Magnuson?
Thanks

·
MRG82U
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
O and when I get one I'm planing to just run 6 psi (for now) lol

·
Registered
150 Posts
You don't really need any extra gauges. Not necessary for daily driving.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
It comes with everything you need for 6 psi. You don't really "need" cogs at 6psi, but if you want them, hit up WickedMom.

·
MRG82U
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Must...have...gauges haha Yea I know I just want them haha the whole triple guage pod is awesome though!!! And so I know it's there where I can check on the stuff if I have the gauges

·
MRG82U
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just want the cog set up for the SOUND!!! Lol

·
every village has one
2,319 Posts
It comes with everything you need for 6 psi. You don't really "need" cogs at 6psi, but if you want them, hit up WickedMom.
+1 . Jessika (aka Wicked Mom) is at Superchargersonline, formerly Supercharger Connection. She is the best.
Don't want to rain on the cog, but check the threads on the other board about the noise .

·
PROCHARGED!
1,879 Posts
I love you guys :)

·
Registered
933 Posts
Triple pods are not cheap... good gauges and the pod plus wiring you're looking at another grand.

Are you doing the install or having a shop do it? I'm sure some of the board members local to you can recommend a place for a tune.

And yes, Jess rocks.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Triple pod is around $800 plus aeroforce gauges at $650 for three or whatever gauges you want easily a grand and change. As for the cog, I have read about the noise but people say it grows on you, especially if your a Kenne Bell fan you'll love it. Also the cog will tighten up your stock pulley giving you an extra psi.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
MRG82U
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Triple pods are not cheap... good gauges and the pod plus wiring you're looking at another grand.

Are you doing the install or having a shop do it? I'm sure some of the board members local to you can recommend a place for a tune.

And yes, Jess rocks.
Yea I have added every thing up for the pricing and me and a guy that works for us will probably do the instal on it. My dad has his own mechanic shop lol

Also not real sure what gauges I'm going with yet was looking at the Plx gauges. Has any one used those???

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Looks like your car is lowered and aftermarket wheels which I assume are wider in the rear which is good. Not sure if you did any bushing upgrades, but you might want to look into rear subframe inserts and rear diff bushings.

As far as gauges go, I went with Aeroforce gauges and also have a wideband, fuel pressure and boost sensor.

·
MRG82U
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
O and I'll probably get the tuning done by Patrick g

·
MRG82U
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like your car is lowered and aftermarket wheels which I assume are wider in the rear which is good. Not sure if you did any bushing upgrades, but you might want to look into rear subframe inserts and rear diff bushings.

As far as gauges go, I went with Aeroforce gauges and also have a wideband, fuel pressure and boost sensor.
Yea it's lowered and have 9.5 in the back and Iv been planing to buy bushings for it for along time lol just haven't

yea Iv been looking at the aeroforce gauges. Ill get the boost, wideband, and not sure what other one was thinking oil pressure.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
O and I'll probably get the tuning done by Patrick g
You're definitely going to need to get that wideband installed ASAP then. In order to do a remote tune, you need to report AFR back to Patrick to get your fueling right. I am in the process of remote tuning mine. Wished I had gone with Pat G from the start.....

EDIT: I didn't realize you are from Texas, so you might be just going to his shop to do the tune.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
The Aeroforce can read the oil pressure from the OBDII.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts