Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You know those single moments that mark the memory of a car forever... Grab a beer and I'll bore you to death with any number of "it was 1979, Dire Straits "Sultans of Swing" was full blast on the Alpine cassette deck in my daily driver Pinto, and the guy who'd just bought my street driven converted SCCA A-Sedan Trans Am Cuda race car was redlining second gear under the bridge my best friend and I had shortcutted to after he left me with a fistful of cash and a hole in my heart..."

So it was before 7 AM recently, headed for my daughter's in Breckenridge, westbound on I-70 at about 75MPH and a Beemer in the right lane sped up as I was about to pass and got increasingly obnoxious as he chopped lanes and paced me, not letting me pass by. I got close enough to see it was a new M5. I dropped in behind him and by the time we hit the Genesee climb he was staying in front of me at about 85. There were only a few cars through the climbing twisties and at one point he obviously decided to dump me. A 6-spd GXP was probably not in his mind because I dropped to 3rd and redlined it on his tail, and kept in it. I don't want to go on referencable record here, but let's say he chickened out at a significant point where I was pulling past.

It was a Pontiac, how embarrassing...

:driving:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, I'm still thinking about selling it for something with more power... or adding a blower. It's a life long disease.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Yep I had one of those defining moments, even though my G8 is only the GT, I had a Ferrari 360 Spyder circa '99 pacing me onto the FL TP South @ Bee Line Entrance, after clearing the tolls I got on it, when the 6L80 decided to go to second it was like a bullet shot from the gun (S/C Cortex Tuner), put some fresh synthetic rubber down in true posi fashion from the cheap ass RS-A eagles I bought and had mounted for Hurricane season...needless to say I had a blast but the prancing horse and its weak ass 275 ft lb of torque did not show or place....he waited to do a Jersey Flyby after we established a cruise speed in the triples.....

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Jolt,

Go with forced induction and keep the sleeper look going.

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
^ Thanks mom for the interdiction. He needs help stat!! LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts