Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone advise on oil drain and refill details for a TVS1900 Magnacharger? Interested in location of drain and fill plugs, type of gear oil recommended, qty of oil, and when is recommended service interval. I am coming up on 50k miles on my Maggie and want to make sure it is serviced properly. Would also like to know recommended service interval and part number for main supercharger drive belt. I've replace the serpentine/AC belts a couple of times as regular maintenance but have never replaced the S/C drive belt at the back near the firewall.

·
every village has one
2,380 Posts
Sounds like you have a WickedMom question on your hands.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Calling all maggie techs!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Had somewhat same thoughts as you a while back; running a 1900 on my GXP. Noting the paperwork didn't include an 'Owners Manual' pre se, I asked Magnasun. Here's their answer that I saved.

The superchargers are pretty much maintenance free… The oil in the SC is good for about 100,000-120,000 miles. The idler pulleys, belt and coolant I would just follow the procedure as the OEM advices.

David Gonzalez, Customer Service Rep (Se Habla Espanol)
Magnuson Products LLC. International Headquarters, Ventura CA.
Ph. +1 805 642-8833

I didn't follow-up

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok well if that's the case then I guess I am not going to worry about it!

·
Registered
933 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.