Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this stuff at oreillys and was curious if anyone has used this to see if it works. I have swirl marks and some scratchs on my car but there only noticable when its clean, sunny, and just the right angle but they drive me nuts. If anyone has anything else that works please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use it on my mustang, if I can see the scratch on the G8 it's too deep for swirlx

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the same problem with my pbm. The swirl x works good on certain colors. If they are deep and your car is darker, then it wont do too much agaisnt the swirls. Swirl x works very well on light color cars ive noticed. Hope this helps.

·
2008 G8 GT
1,430 Posts
Meguiars Ultimate Compound is awesome.

I have heard good things about Swirl-X but I have used the Ultimate Compound on my GT twice now, my Tundra and my wifes Rav4 and still have some leftover, and all the swirls are gone. I did use a rotary polisher and a foam pad to make life so much easier.

·
BigCasnio
525 Posts
Swirlx did nothing for my PBM. I'm going to route of glass coating with 22ple and see what that does.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Anyone heard of or used products by Croftgate USA??

·
Registered
49 Posts
I used the swirl removers from Adams, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Works okay

I just got my '09 in PBM and it has a lot of fine scratches in it. I used Meguiar's ScratchX to get out a bunch of scratches under each door handle and a few others around the body. Was pleasantly surprised.

That said, if you can even slightly feel the scratch with the back of your fingernail, it will slightly minimize the scratch but won't take it out.

I used Meguiar's Ultimate Compound where I could, switching to ScratchX for some extra oomph if I needed it.

Not anywhere near perfect, but a nice start and easier than busting out machines and an assortment of polishes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts