Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Family car, so im going with qtp manuals, as opening them up will be a rare occasion. Also have the option to bolt on the electric valve down the road. Took a quick look under the car, I'm thinking I'll have room right after the cats/o2 sensor. I know I will loose a little performance here with lost back pressure, not concered about that, yes my only objective is to be loud and obnoxious. Will I throw a code this close to the cats? Anybody done this? Pics? Better ideas?

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s583/funkygreens/g8 album/20150501_202500_zpswlxnmbl7.jpg

Here is an image of mine. I went and would suggest to go with badlandz. Less bad reviews and a 5 yr warranty, compared to a 3 yr for qtp. Also , they threw in a set of plates. So if I have to send one back for repair. I can cap off the hole.

I overall have been happy with mine. Have had them for about 2 and a half years now. I think I should have put them close to the headers but I didn't want to deal with codes. So I went with the rear axles. Yes you do lose some back pressure but I get it back when I close the cutouts. I like the sound better now that I did the headers and cats. I am interested to see how she'll sound when I do a cam.

They say you gain about 15 hp but I can't confirm that.

I'll see if I can find a sound clip. I have one somewhere : )

·
Registered
5,206 Posts

Sound cllp : )

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the rest of the exhaust otherwise stock? Im afraid if I put them after the mid muffler/reasonators I won't get the sound im looking for.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
When I had it done ,I had a completely stock exhaust. I had a x pipe added and the rear resonators removed the same day they installed the cut outs and what you heard on the you tube clip are the results of that.

I had headers and high flows done after. It changed the sound up front in the engine bay but that's the headers sound but in my opinion didn't change much in the rear. The sound from the cut outs over powers the sound of the headers up front.

Sound is subjective and most video clips doesn't do the actual sound of the exhaust justice. Better to hear cars in person. So as for what you want specificly , I'm not sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts