Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to the saleman and he stated this was a manufacturer's buyback due to too many customer complaints. Service report states GM factory replacement of numerous parts (timing cover, belt tensioner, crank pulley, etc.) No LCAs though.

My question is, should I trust the "repairs" or stay away from it?

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=66442&endYear=2013&modelCode1=G8&sortBy=mileageASC&startYear=1981&makeCode1=PONT&engineCode=8+Cylinder&numRecords=100&maxMileage=45000&searchRadius=500&maxPrice=25000&listingId=316916227&Log=0

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
I would stay away from it, since it was a buy back, it must have been by LEOMEN LAW.Run Forrest run.................

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I would stay away from it, since it was a buy back, it must have been by LEOMEN LAW.Run Forrest run.................
X2. Id stay away from that.... Sounds like it is nothing but a potential money pit. For that kind of money you could get a G8 without all the previous problems.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Stay away, I bought a buy back a couple of years ago, it was a Hyundai Genesis Coupe.. was told by the dealer it was a buy back because Hyundai had a program that if the owner lost his job they would buy the car back in the first year. Well, they did have that program but that's not why this particular car was a buy back. Come to find out it was a Lemon Law. Had major engine work done and alot of other crap. I was able to take the car back to the dealer and get my money back thankfully.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Run like you have never run before.

Don't worry... the salesman will find another poor sucker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
Razz
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing