Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.gmvsworld.com/index.php?topic=2372.0

Information on the annual track day is posted in the link above. Needs to have 40 participants, but is limited to 100. It's an all day test & tune at bandimere on Friday, March 25. Prices and other info can be found in that link. Not sure if Vince and I will be there, just thought others may want to know. Good opportunity to get lots of runs in.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Keep me in the loop, I might be interested.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think Vince and I are going to try to make it. The kids are out of school that day -- Not sure which vehicle will make it. Depends on if we can get Tigger tuned for the Great Colorado Air by then....

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like there are 27 people signed up currently. Need 40 for the event to go on, but it is limited to 100. Check out the link in the 1st post for more info and how to sign up. Both Vince and I are signed up. We hope to have both the G8s there.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just found out I can't make it :( We are going to be at my folks in AZ so not even close. I hope to see you all soon though.

Kris

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anybody besides me, Vince and David going. As long we are in town, we'll be there.

$83 to participate, free to just spectate. There is still room.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Tony???? It's just like playing hookie from work...only faster!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still room. $90 at the gate.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
My car is sitting in the garage all ready for some track time tomorrow!!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Had a blast at the track today...got in about 15 runs. My first run reset my personal best by .03 to a 14.6 flat. As the track rubbered up I quit wheelhopping and was able to do better as the track would let me launch at 1500 to 1600rpm as opposed to the 1200 rpm launches I usually do.

My last run was a 14.51 @ 98.47 mph with a 2.22 60'. All personal bests! And I was the first driver down the track for 2011...with a win too!

Only mods are a vararam and a magnaflow 12468 mid-muffler.

Not my video...and I lose too :(
http://youtu.be/w7NdOEwsBo0

·
Registered
91 Posts
Looks like you had a good time Dave...Sorry couldn't make it, but work is crazy busy right now, and I didn't remember the event since my puter was down for a bit...

Can't wait to get together for a track event though...Want to test the new suspension out at the track to see if there is any dif...

T

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Tony....bandimeere's 1st Test and tune is April 9. It's an all day thing on Saturday. Will be lots of people there. Hope to have the orange G8 there for that one. Let us know if you're gona make it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Had a blast at the track today...got in about 15 runs. My first run reset my personal best by .03 to a 14.6 flat. As the track rubbered up I quit wheelhopping and was able to do better as the track would let me launch at 1500 to 1600rpm as opposed to the 1200 rpm launches I usually do.

My last run was a 14.51 @ 98.47 mph with a 2.22 60'. All personal bests! And I was the first driver down the track for 2011...with a win too!

Only mods are a vararam and a magnaflow 12468 mid-muffler.

Not my video...and I lose too :(
http://youtu.be/w7NdOEwsBo0
But you killed him at the lights!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I plan on making the 9th too weather permitting!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts