Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well AFTER Oct. 1st 2013 that is.

Thats right guys someone in Annapolis pulled their head out of their azz just long enough to listen to reason from car collectors and enthusiasts and came up with house bill 577 which states that you DO NOT NEED a front tag displayed if the car didn't come with a place to mount it. The exact wording of the bill is as follows....

FOR THE PURPOSE OF PROVIDING, FOR A VEHICLE REQUIRED TO DISPLAY TWO REGISTRATION PLATES, THAT THE FRONT REGISTRATION PLATE MAY BE STORED IN A CERTAIN MANNER INSIDE THE VEHICLE IF THE VEHICLE WAS MANUFACTURED WITHOUT A MEANS TO SECURE AND DISPLAY A FRONT PLATE; MAKING STYLISTIC CHANGES; AND GENERALLY RELATING TO REGISTRATION PLATES.

So if your car has no place on the front bumper for the front tag you NO LONGER NEED TO DRILL HOLES making stylistic changes to your car!!!

After Oct.1st I'm taking the tag out of my grill and putting it in my trunk with a copy of the bill in my glove box!!

Link to the bill itself.... http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2013RS/bills/hb/hb0577f.pdf

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thank you for posting this!!!! Great news!

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
What do they mean by "a certain manner" for the storage of the plate in the car? Does it still need to be visible, for example (i.e. stuck on the dash)?

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
LOL I thought the exact same thing!
Someone on the Mustang forums got pulled over with their 2013 and the officer claimed the OEM lights were illegal aftermarket lights. It happened in Virginia though and not Maryland, so not the same cop lol. I figured you guys would get a kick out of that.

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Someone on the Mustang forums got pulled over with their 2013 and the officer claimed the OEM lights were illegal aftermarket lights. It happened in Virginia though and not Maryland, so not the same cop lol. I figured you guys would get a kick out of that.
Stupid is now availible in all 50 states for everyones enjoyment! Was my name mentioned in that mess?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Great news for you guys. I grew up in MD and hated this when I first got my license. Being a ricer back then it seriously cramped my style lol.

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A bill doesn't become law until it's passed by the legislature.
Has this been passed yet?
This is the last line from the bill....

SECTION 2. AND BE IT FURTHER ENACTED, That this Act shall take effect
9 October 1, 2013.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Holy crap that made me feel old because I DO remember School House Rock.

Would love to see a similar bill passed in VA but doubt it's going to happen. Plus it sounds prone to problems with the wording.

Sounds like someone remembers their School House Rock rhymes.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts