Pontiac G8 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Good point ^^

With as long as this has been happening, what wheel was finally squeaky enough to get the grease? Maybe some supplier escalated this? Who knows.

·
Registered
195 Posts
wonders who was the "wrong person" for MS to finally piss off. Cause I feel that's what it would take. Someone with some pull somewhere finally got screwed and ran this one up the flag pole. Can you imagine how many companies are out there like this? It's part of the reason people will pay more to shop at amazon sometimes. So to see this go to court says something.

I was one of a handful of guys to formally file a complaint with the Maryland Attorney General. There were others leading the charge though.

·
every village has one
2,203 Posts
Hope they will subpoena sales/customer records and make contact?
Is there a website where you can offer input as to your experiences with them?

·
Slowly gaining acceptance
437 Posts
I hate to throw cold water on everyone; I love a good tarring and feathering like the next guy, but isn't the most probably scenario here that Maryland Speed and - depending on its corporate structure, its owner - file for bankruptcy? There might be some satisfaction to come out of this, but I think most who had unfilled orders are still screwed.

·
SUSP3CT
883 Posts
Sometimes I wished I lived in the States where people actually face Jail time for their actions...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Got my money back!

I filed a claim with Citibank (my costco credit card) in late June. They opened the case and immediately credited me $788 for the HPTuner Pro kit and Wideband O2 sensor I ordered in March and never received (tentative settlement). Sent me a letter saying MS had until September to respond and challenge it. They didn't. Citibank notified me a couple days ago the case is closed and I keep my money! Hell yes. By the way, the HPTuner Pro was almost immediately discontinued and replaced by a new version at a different price. And the Wideband sensor was also discontinued. They could not have fulfilled the order even if they wanted to. But they never stated that and never refunded my money. Ordered the new version of HPTuners from another place and received it within days.

·
every village has one
2,203 Posts
You weren’t notified of the discontinuation and refunded?
Imagine that.....

·
CCG8 Member
1,599 Posts
I filed a claim with Citibank (my costco credit card) in late June. They opened the case and immediately credited me $788 for the HPTuner Pro kit and Wideband O2 sensor I ordered in March and never received (tentative settlement). Sent me a letter saying MS had until September to respond and challenge it. They didn't. Citibank notified me a couple days ago the case is closed and I keep my money! Hell yes. By the way, the HPTuner Pro was almost immediately discontinued and replaced by a new version at a different price. And the Wideband sensor was also discontinued. They could not have fulfilled the order even if they wanted to. But they never stated that and never refunded my money. Ordered the new version of HPTuners from another place and received it within days.
If you still haven't ordered a Wideband, get the AEM canbus model, it's plug and play to log into HP Tuners. I got mine from Joe.

AEM 30-3334.

·
Registered
19 Posts
join the fight

yes if their is a class action lawsuit I would join. mine was bc coilovers that I order back in july of 2017 my credit card would not fine in my favor stating that I orderd a non refundable item. I told my credit Discover to close my account because of this. glad that MARYLAND speed is going out.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi Matt. Thanks for the recommendation. Are you sure of the part number? Could it be 30-0334? Thanks.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I'm Laughing Out Loud. Only because I hate acronyms. The fact that this site accepts scammers as vendors, yet takes more than 5 days to approve my for sale post for a pair of damn fog lights , is a joke of sorts. Hmmm, and its still not posted. The world is a scam folks. I really do think less of this site now.... Sad.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It's sad to see Maryland Speed falling like they have in the last few years. I've bought a number of parts from them when I owned my G8 and now that I have my Camaro. However, the last time I bought things from them they gave me a big run around. Branden even called me on my phone one day asking if I was my screen name on Camaro5 and was trying to get me to say positive things about them. They've been forcibly unapproved as a sponsor of Camaro5, if they tried to re-up their sponsorship here I would imagine they were rejected because of not wanting to turn their members to a less than reputable track record webpage. Originally they were awesome, too bad they slipped.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Ok, Well, there was some info that they still were. Now I feel a bit better about this site. Restores my faith. Good to know that they are history!

I was wondering how they were back after being looked into by State officials.

·
every village has one
2,203 Posts
Probably didn’t show.
He was too busy helping customers...

101 - 120 of 140 Posts