Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'll try to keep this brief. I have a 2009 g8 gt. By end of this summer, it will be paid off, all mine. So, what's left but dump lots of money into it? I have a few mods already, but that's irrelevant. I've given FI a great deal of consideration but have come to this conclusion: http://www.mastmotorsports.com/2010/product-view.php?cat=Gen IV Drop In&id=111 I'm concerned about fitment, but also compatibility with the 6l80e. I know I'll need a torque converter (what size/stall?) Basically looking for some input. I'll certainly contact Mast in the future for their professional opinions. Thanks for your time, I appreciate any input!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
No issue with fitment?... will fit like a glove!!! many guys have done much bigger... I have a lsx 434... couple others have done 427's, 454, etc..... bolts right up to 6L80... no issues... should be able to make it plug and play....

shoot i have a stroked 403 fully built (except for accesory pulleys, oil plan, intake, and would maybe deserves some nice heads ).... and I was thinkning about selling for about $4500... or so... (l76 stroked to a 403)... collecting dust... that price on that unit seems alot to me.... but would be a nice setup....

good luck...

but as for issues... should be plug and play and fit right in.... converter could be one of many... car stuff wont even know its different... except for the tires... :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey gr8lover, thanks for the quick response. That answered basically all my questions. Also, did some more digging on the forum and found a few other threads regarding swaps. As far as that 403...I'm not buying anything now, but keep me in mind. When the time comes (assuming I haven't found anything else) I just might hit you up! Thanks again.

·
Chevrolet Performance Par
711 Posts
You better get that engine on order now. They have about a 6-8 week lead time on engines. ;)

·
BOOOOOOOOOOST
702 Posts
That's about 80 engine horsepower or so over what my car currently makes (using 15% as a number for drivetrain loss). I would rather buy a shortblock than a full long block, but that's just me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts