Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, not the best of pic but will work on getting new ones soon.

Just finished wrapped this Beast with Matte black and gloss gunmetal grey stripes.
Put on Camaro 20 inch rims with 285s on the rear and 255s on the front.
Holden Commodore GTS Spoiler installed.
Exhaust tips replaced with dual ones.
Green halos installed.

What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Looks pretty good.. How was hard was the wrap to install on a whole car. I've only done hood strip

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wasn't too bad. Need to have patience. Since it was a second car in the family, took couple of hours daily for 2 weeks.
Usually you will need 50ft of wrap for this car, but if you are doing it the first time, get enough 70ft incase you screw up.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Not really my thing (I prefer my cars to shine), but for what it is, I think it's pretty cool! Looks good!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought of wrapping it will black chrome but decided on the matte black.
it is a lot of work, but in the end the oem paint is protected for a while.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I dig the color combination. Where did you get the gunmetal grey color?

I've been kicking around the idea of putting rocker panel stripes on my pbm, but cannot decide on color. I was thinking about going with dark grey at first to keep it subtle, but I really like this color.

I am assuming this stuff is fairly easy to remove?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think it looks good. Post more pics!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looks good, curious to hear how it holds up. Have seen some wraps go the distance and some get loose after a few months.

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dig the color combination. Where did you get the gunmetal grey color?

I've been kicking around the idea of putting rocker panel stripes on my pbm, but cannot decide on color. I was thinking about going with dark grey at first to keep it subtle, but I really like this color.

I am assuming this stuff is fairly easy to remove?

Used Vvivid Gun metal grey. vvividvinyl.com

I would not say easy to remove else you end up having peels. One panel say a hood takes almost 15 minutes to remove. use heat gun or hair dryer.

So far it has been holding on good. Am starting to wrap the rims now, matte black and just got Advanced keys systems with Push Start button.

·
Registered
329 Posts
How much do you think this would of cost if you took it somewhere to get wrap? I been thinking about this for a while.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Loving the Halo lights...where did you pick them up from?
Got the halos from oraclelights.com
Cost i think around $350 to ship to Calgary, Canada.
Bought them last year and finally got the courage to install them after a year.
Difficulty level, Out of 10, i would rate these at 10 before i started.
Now i would rate them as 7/10.
If anyone plans on doing it, let me know i got some good tips on how not to damage the plastic moulding.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How much do you think this would of cost if you took it somewhere to get wrap? I been thinking about this for a while.
Here in Calgary, I got quoted $3200 for a complete wrap.
I purchased the wrap myself, cost $375, took me couple of weeks (because i work) and saved 1000s of hard earned money.

In Toronto, i heard they charge like $1800 for this.

Well, 2016 i plan on wrapping the full car in Chrome black with Chrome silver stripes. Cant wait.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts