Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pre-ordered my MM FRP spoiler a month ago but have not heard anything back from MM. I sent an email a couple weeks ago looking for an update but have not received a response yet. I got a lot of spam emails so it's possible it ended up in my spam folder but I've been trying to go through it just in case. I see Maverick Man is a banned user on here, but I understand that it might not be the actual company. Has anyone ordered and received something from Maverick Man Carbon recently or did I just throw away $30? Thanks

·
Registered
254 Posts
I talked to him through facebook 2 weeks ago and also sent in a deposit for a spoiler. He told me the wait for one would be a lot less than the carbon fiber one but I did not ask for an ETA.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I talked to him through facebook 2 weeks ago and also sent in a deposit for a spoiler. He told me the wait for one would be a lot less than the carbon fiber one but I did not ask for an ETA.
Can I get info on spoiler

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I'm not on facebook. I may try sending another email with my phone number. If you hear of any updates or get yours before I update this post let me know.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Can I get info on spoiler

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Search maverick man carbon on google. Not sure if he is a vendor, so I cannot post the link.

I'm not on facebook. I may try sending another email with my phone number. If you hear of any updates or get yours before I update this post let me know.
OK will do. I'm pretty sure he waits for a few orders before making a batch. Send me a PM reminding me about this. It may be a few months and I'll probably forget about this thread lol.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I guess at least I'm not the only one experiencing this. I'll just continue to be patient I guess.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It may take less time than the carbon fiber spoiler, but it may still take a while. I’ve bought many Carbon things from him and waited patiently. Be patient. It’ll come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was looking to order a spoiler about a month ago and this is what I got from MM:
Feb 12, 2018: CF spoilers right now are an easy 6 month MINIMUM or longer right now there are more orders right now then i can keep up with right now. they will always get done it just takes a bit of time. FRP spoiler are much faster due to material with an easy eta of probably about 3 to 4 months minimum.

·
F1rehawk
636 Posts
Another vendor to add on the red flag island with MS. Found his inventory quite interesting but with this new info, I will pass. Thank you!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have ordered numerous things from mavman and all items are been shipped immediately. All I can say is that your items are custom made so I would expect some time before receiving those.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Just ordered Eibach springs from MavMan last week. Had them at my door next day. 30 hours from order to having product. I was happy. He was quick to answer an email as well.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Just ordered Eibach springs from MavMan last week. Had them at my door next day. 30 hours from order to having product. I was happy. He was quick to answer an email as well.
Automated drop shipping vs. selling something he actually makes. A +6 month lead time tells me this is his hobby, not his business. Pass.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Automated drop shipping vs. selling something he actually makes. A +6 month lead time tells me this is his hobby, not his business. Pass.
Just saying that he probably shouldn't be lumped into the bad seller crowd. At least I got my off-the-shelf parts very fast.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
It's been well known here that Mavman runs his carbon fiber business as a side business. Dude has a day job guys.

He always tries to give up front estimates for custom orders. Nothing on par with Marylandspeed.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
His products are top notch. Worth the wait. Patience is key,,,Something that a lot of automotive customers are unable to understand.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK so official update from MM:

"
hi there!

actually you just ordered this last month. it is a MINIMUM of about 6
months easy for these.

when the part is done i will email you at the email you left on your order
deposit and it will have the balance due and link to pay for it. you will
have get any contact from me until that time. feel free to ask if you want
however if it is before that minimum lead time your answer will most
likely be the same as this answer.

sorry for delay parts will get done but i can only make so many at a time
and when there is a long line that is just what happens.

thanks for the order and i will be in touch when it is done.
"

My response was that there is no ETA on the product page so I didn't really know what to expect. But at least it's a deposit only, I'd be pretty upset if I had paid $300+ and had to wait 6 months. There really isn't anyone else out there making these (nor with the quality reputation) so I will be patient just like everyone else. Thanks for the input guys.

·
Pontiac Crazy
397 Posts
There's a reason they sell within minutes when someone throws one on the classifieds

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
About this Discussion
58 Replies
24 Participants
Omega
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing