Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
I don't see what the problem is. He is upfront about the wait time and parts he has on his site delivered quickly...just like any internet based auto parts vendor. The CF spoiler is a $30 deposit, it's not like you're paying it all up front and waiting months. Who cares if he makes them on the side? One guy making custom his own custom parts with pretty good communication is rare these days.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
His wait times have always been long. He has always been up front about this. He does make nice, CF products. I have his grill surrounds. dash trim and spoiler on my car. They all look great.

·
Pontiac Crazy
397 Posts
Spelling, punctuation, grammar. Why don't people care anymore?
just to annooy u >:)

His wait times have always been long. He has always been up front about this. He does make nice, CF products. I have his grill surrounds. dash trim and spoiler on my car. They all look great.
I wish he still made the grille surrounds, we really need more options than just Plastidip.

·
Registered
254 Posts
There's a reason they sell within minutes when someone throws one on the classifieds
except there's people trying to pass the imitations off as true Mav Man products, which is what happened to me a few weeks ago. I jumped on the sale and what I got was a piece of trash. At least the seller gave me my money back.

·
Pontiac Crazy
397 Posts
except there's people trying to pass the imitations off as true Mav Man products, which is what happened to me a few weeks ago. I jumped on the sale and what I got was a piece of trash. At least the seller gave me my money back.
**** that sucks man, but that's why I don't PayPal as "friends and family" anymore. It at least leaves me that avenue to get it back if the seller refuses.

·
Registered
254 Posts
**** that sucks man, but that's why I don't PayPal as "friends and family" anymore. It at least leaves me that avenue to get it back if the seller refuses.
Well I looked back at the seller's past sales and there were no issues, that and they were only asking $100 (should have been the first red flag) and figured if I was out 100 it wouldn't be a big deal. I was lucky that they refunded me. Still have that piece of junk sitting in my shed lol

·
Registered
894 Posts
Their's know pleezing sum people. No wut eye mean? Just give them a brake, they ain't looking four advise.

Think I got it out of my system. :wink3:
Well played.

·
F1rehawk
636 Posts
Disregard my previous comment then. If the guy makes quality items and is upfront about it being it a hobby then I'm good with that. 30$ deposit is nothing for a Firehawk Replica spoiler and it will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I just ordered the headlights from Maverick Man Wednesday night. Hope it gets delivered by next week some time to the shop working on my car. Since they are removing the front bumper to install the maggie anyway, they said they have no problem installing headlights I provide at no extra labor cost.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
I just ordered the headlights from Maverick Man Wednesday night. Hope it gets delivered by next week some time to the shop working on my car. Since they are removing the front bumper to install the maggie anyway, they said they have no problem installing headlights I provide at no extra labor cost.
You can get those lights on eBay.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I sent an email less than 30 minute ago to get a status update and already received a response my order shipped yesterday.

·
Registered
316 Posts
All is good with Maverick Man Carbon. I placed my headlight order 21 March(evening) and it was delivered 23 March to the shop in NJ. Will be placing future orders with them.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Maverick man SUCKS. He is a DICK!! It took OVER a year to get my spoiler. And when i email him to ask him about updates he answers back with "you are not the only customer i have so you are just gonna have to wait. If you cant wait then too bad." He should state on his site that it may take over a year or at least give a paying customer service oriented response or even update emails.

Also after getting my spoiler the quality isnt that good. My gel coat was pretty uneven, and started to crack within a few months on the edges. Also he claims direct bolt on using factory studs....ummmm no its not, i had to drill my trunk with larger holes and had to modify the mounting post.

If i had to do it again....i would rather buy the spoiler on G8only. Looks about the same height. Not carbon but, much better made.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Maverick man SUCKS. He is a DICK!! It took OVER a year to get my spoiler. And when i email him to ask him about updates he answers back with "you are not the only customer i have so you are just gonna have to wait. If you cant wait then too bad." He should state on his site that it may take over a year or at least give a paying customer service oriented response or even update emails.

Also after getting my spoiler the quality isnt that good. My gel coat was pretty uneven, and started to crack within a few months on the edges. Also he claims direct bolt on using factory studs....ummmm no its not, i had to drill my trunk with larger holes and had to modify the mounting post.

If i had to do it again....i would rather buy the spoiler on G8only. Looks about the same height. Not carbon but, much better made.
I opted to purchase one of Maverickmans defect rear spoilers, it was a small defect so almost unnoticeable. It's been 2yrs now and the entire top side clear coat has peeled and looks horrible now.
Looked on G8only and don't see the spoiler listed, do you have a link?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
About this Discussion
58 Replies
24 Participants
Omega
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing