Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Maverick man SUCKS. He is a DICK!! It took OVER a year to get my spoiler. And when i email him to ask him about updates he answers back with "you are not the only customer i have so you are just gonna have to wait. If you cant wait then too bad." He should state on his site that it may take over a year or at least give a paying customer service oriented response or even update emails.

Also after getting my spoiler the quality isnt that good. My gel coat was pretty uneven, and started to crack within a few months on the edges. Also he claims direct bolt on using factory studs....ummmm no its not, i had to drill my trunk with larger holes and had to modify the mounting post.

If i had to do it again....i would rather buy the spoiler on G8only. Looks about the same height. Not carbon but, much better made.
You can't be serious about the mobile attractions spoiler. Joe stopped stocking it for a reason. It was an absolute piece of garbage. You worry about a gel goat that can be easily and cheaply be fixed but the the copy cat spoiler needs EXTENSIVE fiberglass work to even work. Someone scammed me on this forum last month, selling a g8only spoiler as a Mavman. Went through the hassle of removing the stock spoiler, only to crap my pants when I saw that the new spoiler didn't even sit flush on the decklid. The guy making them never test fitted them (as was promised) before shipping them out. He just ripped them from the molds, gave them a once over and sent them. If you want one so bad I'll sell it to you for $100 0:)

·
Registered
179 Posts
I never had a g8only spoiler. No idea it had those problems. So in other words no difference in maverick mans POS spoilers. Lol MM spoilers cost an arm and a leg and takes over a year to get one, let alone not the quality he claims. Same ****, different supplier. Lol.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I don't see what the problem is. He is upfront about the wait time and parts he has on his site delivered quickly...just like any internet based auto parts vendor. The CF spoiler is a $30 deposit, it's not like you're paying it all up front and waiting months. Who cares if he makes them on the side? One guy making custom his own custom parts with pretty good communication is rare these days.
society in 2018. We watch 1 hour of fast and loud and don't understand why a spoiler would take so long. My wife's uncle owns a custom shop. Does real great work but he's ready to quit with the unreasonable expectations people seem to have today.

My opinion is, as long as the expectation was clear upfront before purchase you have no right to bitch. Which seemed to not be the case for Mspeed, and I can understand the pain there.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Join a G8 FB group. If your impatient there is one up for $600

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I'm not on FB. I've been patient for 7 months already so I suppose I can just keep waiting. Thanks for the heads up though

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well I'm about to receive my CF spoiler and I've waited about 6 mnths.When I put my deposit down it was stated that I had wait time of about 6 mnths. I can't speak of the quality yet.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Wish I would’ve seen this a few days ago. I just got my cf spoiler and sold my fiberglass one
Well that would have been great haha but he finally responded to me and said mine will be ready to ship next week. How did you like the FRP version vs the carbon?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
So....

Did you ever get your spoiler?
I thought I updated this, but I guess not!

I did end up getting it after a year of waiting; finally! The fit is about as good as it can get from an aftermarket piece. The black finish was almost perfect, you could see some blemishing in the sun that I think could have been worked out but I decided to get it painted to match anyway. Removing the OEM spoiler/mount was a bit tricky (it's really stuck on there), and left a couple marks from prying it off (you don't see them underneath the spoiler anyway). I got a new tape kit from max performance and new clips from a GM dealership. Transfer over your old clip insulators (little rubber discs that go on the clips) and mounting studs and you're good to go. To me it looks a little silly from the side view but from the back it looks great. If you can wait for one of these I would say go for it, overall I am happy.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Glad to hear you got it! Was it worth the wait?

I wish someone else offered carbon fiber pieces for our G8's. MavMan makes a great product, but the wait times are a bit ridiculous.

I tried telling him 6 months ago that there is a whole nother generation getting into these cars and he should ramp it up a bit but he doesn't care and was not interested in hearing what I had to say. Oh well...his loss, not mine.

So....Omega, tell us about the other players besides MavMan. I'm all ears. You say there are other options but you don't say who.

·
Registered
793 Posts

I wish someone else offered carbon fiber pieces for our G8's. MavMan makes a great product, but the wait times are a bit ridiculous.

I tried telling him 6 months ago that there is a whole nother generation getting into these cars and he should ramp it up a bit but he doesn't care and was not interested in hearing what I had to say. Oh well...his loss, not mine.

So....Omega, tell us about the other players besides MavMan. I'm all ears. You say there are other options but you don't say who.
Here ya go!

https://g8only.com/product/carbon-fiber-bkk-spoiler/

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
If you want an aftermarket spoiler (non-OEM style) for your G8, there really isn't a much better choice. $30 down wasn't a big deal. The wait was obviously unfortunate, especially with no real definitive reason why I had to wait that long. It leaves you wondering if you will ever see your product. I could understand a year wait if I was waiting for a one-off, custom built tube-chassis race car. But i think even something like that could be built in a shorter period. But on the flip side, he has somewhat of a monopoly going here with what he's doing. I haven't read great things about the G8only spoilers but obviously it's not my own experience. I also think the price is fair when you factor in the quality. I'm not sure how he does it but the fit and [almost the]finish out of the box was truly OEM-like. You gotta realize the amount of trial and error that went into turning a 2-piece spoiler into a lighter, stronger 1-piece with minimal gaps. Like I said: if you want one, the sooner you deposit the better. Wait times may vary.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts