Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what the redline RPM in the V6 ?? Im getting different answers from different ppl so im putting it out here. Thanx Les

·
Super Moderator
4,904 Posts
Put it in M1 and put er' to the floor and see where the rev limiter kicks in at.:wink2:

Ok I realize that may not be the answer you are looking for but it is a way to get a quick answer to your question.

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanx bro i will try it later just didnt want to over rev it

·
Super Moderator
4,904 Posts
I'm not a V6 guru but I think all cars these days have rev limiters set from factory that prevent you from over reving. But I wouldn't blame you to let someone else chime in that is more V6 experienced. Pretty sure its 6500ish.

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
6500 is what im thinking myself cause i pushed it to 6500 and shifted didnt want to hurt her.

·
Move over >
1,445 Posts
thing is. at least on the v8. there is a bit of lag between actual revs and that on the dash. i dont shift by sight, i shift by sound.

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya i shift by sound but i was watching the tach on a run in manual mode and shifted it at around 6500 rpm i think shifting it around 6000 rpm is good

·
Move over >
1,445 Posts
agreed!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I've bounced off the limiter once or twice myself ;) It is 6500ish. The Mace tune will bring it up to 7000.

-Dennis-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts