Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't see on their web site wondering if anyone knows if they are still making it? Is there any other company out there that makes an off road mid that connects to factory mufflers and manifolds? I'm planning on Purchasing kooks shorty 1 7/8 and wanna put a better mid pipe and utilize the stock mufflers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Call them. They still have the pattern, build to order. Fit perfect.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why you ask? Because I'm going to be running kooks 1 7/8 Shorties with their high flow cats. Why would I want the shorties to Mach up to our ****ty mid pipe that is super restrictive, doesn't make much sense to me. I know the gxp mufflers flow well so that's my decision to want and keep them. I have herd the gxp with lt and stock mufflers and I think that's a bit more then I'm looking for. I think the shorties are going to be the sound I want. I don't like rasp hence the reason I'm not going to lt headers.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Gotcha, kooks mids with HFC's. I was thinking true shorties at first....

Why not look into the solo performance cat back systems? They have different setups from mellow to loud, quality materials and 2.5" mandrel bent piping.

And FYI, a properly set up exhaust can utilize long tubes with no rasp. Most of the times it's the addition of a quality mid muffler into the system and voila, no rasp!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Obx longtubes, 3" x pipe, 2.5" pipes to stock axlebacks or my hooker maxflow axlebacks..... No rasp.

You can gain so much more performance with LTs and not have rasp with the right pair of axlebacks

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Obx longtubes, 3" x pipe, 2.5" pipes to stock axlebacks or my hooker maxflow axlebacks..... No rasp.

You can gain so much more performance with LTs and not have rasp with the right pair of axlebacks
Except no cats. OP wants a catted setup.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I have yet to find a system with lts with no rasp. I also have the car lowered and drive in the city of Chicago everyday and don't want to smash up the bottom of the collectors. I personally think the best sounding system I've herd is kooks shorties with corsa catback but Im not looking to spend 2k right now on an exhaust.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think the gains from the new mid pipe and shorties will be a big difference then stock. The factory mid at some points is less like 2 1/4 so just from a mid pipe Alone should be a decent gain. Plus if an ls7 comes from the factory with basically shorties and is able to make over 500hp and sounds great how would not putting shorties on instead of the stock manifolds not make a difference. There is alot I have consider. Had a 11sec camaro with long tube and a single 3 1/2 mufflex system and that thing sounded amazing! Not my other buddies who have lts and other types of cat backs too much rasp. Idk I just really don't want rasp.

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Too bad they don't do them anymore, they had the design pattern, perhaps they didn't see the market, oh well. I'm having mine custom made, but i'm also getting HFC's with it, in fact my muffler shop would make me a complete full exhaust from the headers flanges all the way to the mufflers in 2.5", Magnaflow everything per my request.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
We make a variety of different items for the G8. We have a catted and non-catted midpipe (off road use only) that bolts right up to the Kooks LT headers and comes with a catback of your choice. We also have high flow converters that bolt right up in place of the stock ones. Send me a PM or call me at 516-655-9002 if you're interested or have any questions. They are also CEL free!

Thanks so much,
Steve

·
Registered
1,084 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Yes kooks catted connection pipes. 6711-cx-frontconn. Cannot be bought "off the shelf". I had to order mine and wait 3 weeks while they were built. When I got them I swapped them in instead of my obx off road connections and they fit perfect.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes kooks catted connection pipes. 6711-cx-frontconn. Cannot be bought "off the shelf". I had to order mine and wait 3 weeks while they were built. When I got them I swapped them in instead of my obx off road connections and they fit perfect.
Thank you! If u don't mind me askin how much were they? Also is the obx system stainless steel? I wanted to possibly add the mangaflow x muffler if its to raspy and my buddy can't weld stainless steel with his welder.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.