Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed megan rscing coilovers on the front. The car rides way better. But i have questions. It cam with 2 washers that are supposed to go between the upper strut mount and bolt. If i use both washers and reassemble everything. When car is rested on all four wheels. The gap between the strut top plate and where it sits. Is separated about 1/2 inch. If I remove the washer and flip the top mounting plate upside down. The gap disappears. Is this ok to do. I tested car and it rides fine.

·
Premium Member
4,526 Posts
Thread is probably best suited here and unfortunately don't know the answer. Would presume the mounting plate should not be reversed since it is contoured to the strut tower hump or maybe it's irrelevant with coilovers. :dunno: Assume you've tried contacting the manufacturer for insight/ a solution. Perhaps a member has some knowledge and best of luck getting the issue resolved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Put it on with the gap that's the way it's supposed to be.I think it's made that way to give the strut bushing a little room to flex without binding.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
From this GM drawing. The cupped washers go on either side of the strut mount, part # 13

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
The upper plate #14, has to be installed. If it isn't, when you lift the front wheels off the ground. Your struts fall out of the body. Good you have them on with the gap. You will be surprised how much the strut moves. Open the hood and turn the steering wheel. It goes back and forth. as for the upper spring plate #7
teh struts include an adapter to the use the stock mounts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts