Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm torn we just bought a '08 demo everything but Sports Package and black & red seats. How bad would I be if we traded it in on that one, that was the exact car we wanted but no one had it. The '08 has a 7.2k on it now.
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tripower, The reason that Texas dealers want to collect sales and license tax here is that this state is a title holding state (lienholder is sent your title till the note is paid off). Im from Oklahoma and they are not.. if u buy from a dealer there, the state does not hold the dealer or the lien holder liable if you do not pay your taxes or license and they have to reposes... in fact Oklahoma statute forbids a dealer to act as your agent and collect the taxes. But since the dealer is not under OK jurisdiction down here they don't have to follow that statute. Texas on the other hand REQUIRES dealers to collect the tax and most dealers have deputy tax collectors on the payroll and charge the 50 doc fee to offset the costs of collecting taxes for the state. Lien holders in Texas ARE held liable for taxes should the buyer NOT pay the taxes and license. Therefor most dealers in this state will try to collect the taxes due in your state and send it to what ever tax authority so they are sure the lien holder will buy the note from them and the lien is perfected. Ive been through this a million times.. I title in OK (taxes there are only 3.5% but no trade credit) some dealers will actually look up the statute and get the MSO stamped lien entered in OK and give it to me.. MOST will not.. Also as a cash buyer, if you buy a car and ship it overseas, GM gets Pissy about it as well and can sanction a dealer. Some dealers like a GM dealer in Denton, TX want to make sure the car gets registered in the US and will not hand out an MSO on a cash deal. So I hope this answers everyone's question on taxes and what NINO is up against.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Please explain how you, and your dealership can sell these cars this cheap.... I have been looking at a few that lists at $34,090 and they can't get anywhere near this... What's the secret, or why can you sell this cheap and they say they can't.... thanks!
DUDE your not looking hard enough. i bought mine on 6/2/09 from a dealer in Hammond La for 28500 out the door. black 09 gt

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
All this is irrelevant...

I just want to know where everyone has been this week?

26,995.00 on the last handful of GT's and no bites... Makes me sad. :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nino, is the lot drying up on GTs/GXPs? I still very interested in getting a G8, but not for another couple months. I'm keeping my eye on local inventory, which isn't changing too much, but your deals are great and I would definitely be looking to you when the time comes.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Wish I could fly down to sign the papers. Best prices I seen on the GT`S. Unfortunatley I do not have the time off to fly down anytime soon. :eek:( SUX!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
No, the silver one with the roof is still here.

Some salesman has a customer with an orange GTO that wants it, but unfortunately the guy isn't dealing with me so the deal isn't done yet. :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nino,
Too bad the MGM GT doesn't have the sunroof. I have been looking for an 09.5 MGM GT, onyx, premium, sport, sunroof and can't seem to locate one. I'm in Atlanta and have searched all over the US for one.

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
Nino,
Too bad the MGM GT doesn't have the sunroof. I have been looking for an 09.5 MGM GT, onyx, premium, sport, sunroof and can't seem to locate one. I'm in Atlanta and have searched all over the US for one.
They don't exist, that's why. Really;)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Funny.. I JUST found that right after I posted this. What do you guys think is a good price?

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
The GXP will hold the price ! When you find one that is the time to purchase ! Soon they will start to become harder and harder to aquire... This is a great car if you get your hands on one i know you will love it... Good luck !

21 - 39 of 39 Posts