Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked at a GT today...fits the bill with everything i wanted...very clean...
not even a chip in the hoods paint ...definetly garage kept ...also def driven in the rain...
only thing i dont like is mileage...it has mid 50,000's and is a 2009...
Bone stock...what do you think i should beat on them for as a price before taxes and title?
I rr\eally wanted a low mile vehicle...what do you think the loss in value would be on this car after having it a couple years and ending up with mileage near high 70s-80s...
Does that hurt desirability with collectors?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I bought mine 6 months ago with 69,000 on it. I would say in 90% mint condition for $17,500 and it seemed like the best deal I could find anywhere in my area.

The one I had looked at previously was $20,500 and it was in worse shape but had 59,000.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I looked at a few. All had 45-60k on them. Going price around here is 20-23k. I gave 22k for mine. Had some goodies on it though. New tires and brakes all around, Volant CAI, Corsa, tune, E&G grilles, BMR sway bars, BMR strut tower brace, Rotofab aluminum engine covers, MGP caliper covers.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Low mileage is hard, trust me it took me a few months to find mine with 27k on it. I paid 22,500. Depending where you are at you are likely between 19k to 23k for a nice condition GT. Mileage is usually around 40k to 60k.

·
Registered
528 Posts
50k miles? It's barely broken in :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Guys i just posted mine for sale this week in the cars for sale section!!! IT ONLY HAS 2,800 MILES ON IT. And has extended GM warranty untill 2017 i am asking 28,500 all mods and extras are listed in ad

·
Registered
174 Posts
low mileage is hard, trust me it took me a few months to find mine with 27k on it. I paid 22,500. Depending where you are at you are likely between 19k to 23k for a nice condition gt. Mileage is usually around 40k to 60k.

^^ this.

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
Does that hurt desirability with collectors?

50K miles is a great break in spot for an LS engine. I'm pushing 66K and she is running stronger now than I can remember in the past.

Collectors are going to be looking for super low mileage GTs (SBM, PSM, Stealth Blue, IOM), GXPs, and Firehawks that have never left the garage. These cars wont gain any significant value for many years.

These cars are meant to be driven and loved, not planned for 20K miles down the road for resale.

·
Registered
72 Posts
So no one is interested in a g8gt in showroom condition with only 3k miles!! When you guys keep saying how hard it is to find low miles and even with mileage around 20k they are selling for 23-25k with NO WARRANTY

·
Registered
241 Posts
So no one is interested in a g8gt in showroom condition with only 3k miles!! When you guys keep saying how hard it is to find low miles and even with mileage around 20k they are selling for 23-25k with NO WARRANTY
I think they would comment in your thread instead of the one you hijacked with your car for sale. :dunno:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I don't consider it hijacking because this thread was people talking about how hard it is to find a low milage g8 these days with less than like 19k.. So am just letting you guys know there is one for sale with only 3k

·
Registered
189 Posts
just go for it.

i'd say just go for it, just get your hands on this car.
I'm a little disappointed i have a v6, but i got mine with 66k miles, and PERFECT condition for 14,000. Cant beat that.
I'd say just do it and get behind that wheel baby!

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
mine has 111,000 miles and runs stronger than when new. Maintenance is your friend.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.