Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Swap the 1 3 5 coils with the 2 4 6. See if the misfire follows the codes. I would never have used noname Duralast coils myself.[/QUOTE]

I tested the circuits with a multimeter and they checked out, Normal readings. Good grounds and steady 12.1V power, ECM Comm wire I didn’t know how to check that. I’m wondering if it isn’t a clogged Catalytic Converter, haven’t tested injectors yet. I’d rather replace injectors than the Cat. From the prices I’ve seen

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
*****UPDATE*****

So, I was able to get a MACTools Diagnostic system on the car, misfire codes were obviously still there, with the Key on and engine off the TPS location read 28% meaning it wasn’t closed. So relearned the tps to zero and fired car back up, still had misfire codes, decided to start checking harness where the TPS tied in at, found a short with one of the Cam Sensors, wiggle the cam sensor connector and the cars Idle would increase, and the TPS would make a “gear grinding” sound. Decided to pull up the cam sensors and counter and the bank 1 exhaust wasn’t reading, did some swapping around and got it reading. Wiggle connections again and idle did not fluctuate. Checked Catalytic temps and bank 1 was same temp as bank 2. Took a piece of card board and help up flat to driver side tail pipe, and it would push it away from tail pipe, do it to passenger side and the cardboard was trying to suck into the exhaust. This is where it got weird. Cleaned up the Camshaft Sensor, from all the grime and deposits and reinstalled again. Fired it up and it idled smooth, did exhaust test again and still one pushing air out other sucking in, but only codes thrown now are crankshaft Position circuit, and cylinder 3 misfire.?? Any ideas on cause of this?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts