Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
put on the drag setup today to check fit
My first drag setup
basically a 5th camaro spec...well since its all camaro back there.
forgestar D5 17x10 +45et
275/40 R17
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your right!...it also didn't need... A zeta swap... Big brakes... Full exhaust... otr intake...

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Beadlocks both cost AND weigh more than non beadlock wheels. Until a car makes enough power to move the tire on the wheel, money is better spent on all of the other things you mentioned. But if your ultimate plan is BIG power, may as well future proof.

·
Premium Member
7,679 Posts
Mickey Thompson drag radials brings back quite a few old memories. Have fun and be safe at the track.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Beadlocks both cost AND weight more than non beadlock wheels. Until a car makes enough power to move the tire on the wheel, money is better spent on all of the other things you mentioned. But if your ultimate plan is BIG power, may as well future proof.
trust me these were not my 1st choice..
I had non beadlock rims on order for over 6 months...VMS reverse lip drag pack..... and every other wheel is 6-8 weeks out....and that 6-8 weeks is a big if....
Saw these in stock on summit... jump on it....... I am not a fan of race stars...

Was just planning to get some grippy summer tires,but RMRW wants people to have a drag tire .... going to be mandatory next year i believe.
Upside is I was able to mount and balance this set myself..... and my dad can use them on his camaro.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts