1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hooked up with a few friends from my car club after our dyno day

All pulls were done around 40-140 on a private road in Mexico

M6 Ls2 GTO with some weight reduction, Cam, full catless exhaust 429rwhp

Not bad since my car weighs 400lbs more. For reference sake he didn't pull any until we got just over 120. Maybe I will see if Pat can tune my car to lock the converter in 4th there to put an end to that...

The Yeti vs M6 LS2 GTO with maggie and full exhaust... 464rwhp on a very very very conservative tune...

Held him off for a while until that Maggie proved to be too much for me to handle in the top end.

BONUS DRIVE BY

·
om nom nom nom
433 Posts
You held that maggie car off pretty well. I would like to run him just for ****s and giggles but yeah i am in Canada and your out in Cali..lol
good runs

·
Registered
295 Posts
My GF's dream car is a maggied LS2 midnight blue GOAT. I was not a fan of them at first really until we test drove a few. They can **** and get even in stock form.

·
Registered
295 Posts
BTW, nice races!

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice runs Ike. I love the gto's but I think with a little spray its going to be game over for them!
Yeah A little baby shot and a converter lock up in fourth would definitely do the trick!

·
Registered
304 Posts
What was up with the second GTO's hood??? Looks like it wasn't latched down all of the way.

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What was up with the second GTO's hood??? Looks like it wasn't latched down all of the way.
It was latched, but it is carbon fiber and at those speeds had a lot of play.

·
I drive a two-ton brick
109 Posts
Nice runs! I haven't run a GTO in some time. I would expect you to pull alot more if you started at a lower MPH. As long as traction is pretty decent, I like to go from a 1st gear roll.

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
but then again they could do the same......*stirring the pot*

by the way good runs man and love the car
Thanks man. Since they are manual cars they dont have converters to lock.

Nice runs! I haven't run a GTO in some time. I would expect you to pull alot more if you started at a lower MPH. As long as traction is pretty decent, I like to go from a 1st gear roll.
I wish I could do first gear, but I don't like racing sideways...

·
Registered
422 Posts
but then again they could do the same......*stirring the pot*

by the way good runs man and love the car
Those two manual GTOs already have full lockup in 4th, and every other gear. ;)

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Yeah A little baby shot and a converter lock up in fourth would definitely do the trick!
Spray is for cheaters. Wait, never mind..... Forget that I said that! LMAO!

Nice videos bro!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Damn! good runs! in my opinion you basiclly won. I noticed you pulling on him during the gear shifts...What the chances of me and that supercharged GTO hooking up for some "testing and tuning"?

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Damn! good runs! in my opinion you basiclly won. I noticed you pulling on him during the gear shifts...What the chances of me and that supercharged GTO hooking up for some "testing and tuning"?
If it was a race to 120 I beat them, but we just kept riding it out through 4th gear so eventually the lighter cars caught up and passed me by.

I'm sure we could arrange something, but no until I get to run you first!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Man Yeti, I love your car. No ****...LOL

·
Registered
35 Posts
Cool I just got some new spark plugs I've been dying to try out lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts