Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well let the fun and the research begin. With our wealth of mechanically inclined, tech savvy, part number detectives and mod masters, I have no doubt that any and every factory upgrade or lateral swap we can use will be sought out.

Although there are mixed reviews on the SS so far, what do you guys see or want, even without knowing if it's possible to? I personally love tech, so anything I can get (that makes sense) I'm game. Maybe the seats too.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I'll take the seats and the two piece lighter brembo brakes. The rest they can keep.

·
Registered
371 Posts
So what parts might we swap with an SS?

I read that the middle of the car is the same (and it looks like it).

I'm hoping we can swap our chrome trim for the black SS trim and the door handles as well.

Might be a cheaper alternative....

·
Registered
843 Posts
I'll take the seats and the two piece lighter brembo brakes. The rest they can keep.
A better performance seat that maintains the stock side airbag function would be very nice... Light weight hood and trunk wouldn't be too shabby but I doubt I would ever swap them, I like the G8 pieces better.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The seats? I know the stitching would be an issue (SS) but they are one of the best features.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It would be pretty awesome if we could adapt the Heads up display somehow with a bit of customization...

·
Registered
371 Posts
Re: So what parts might we swap with an SS?

Didnt see there was already a thread like this...

My bad

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
781 Posts
Lower control arms that won't fail after less then 10k miles, or 50k miles for that matter....

·
9C3 road warrior
120 Posts
You're assuming they're actually going to release parts listings so we can order the stuff for the mods. On the Caprice PPV, GM is not releasing the parts list comprendum in any way, shape, or form. "Confidential" is what we're getting from several GM sources. It's a royal PITA!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I never had a doubt G8'ers would find a way. One way or another. lol

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Disappointing fender gap to say the least, as far as the untouched photos.

·
9C3 road warrior
120 Posts
Sorry, should have been more specific. The US only GM parts lists for the basic PPV are available to GM dealership service/parts personnel only, not sure how available they are to the outside service channels but I know the outside parts houses (Carquest for example) have some selected info for basic items. I can get (and have) the three volume Helm set for the 2011 car, just not the parts indexes. We had a 30-year GM parts manager that's been a friend to the Impala SS (B-body) community for many years who had recently retired that made inquiry about getting the lists and he was completely shut down, didn't even get out of the gate. GM won't release the parts lists for outside distribution.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
About this Discussion
113 Replies
63 Participants
DirtyGT
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing