Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 114 Posts

·
Premium Member
435 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm wondering if I can put a G8 hood and quad exhaust on a new SS.
On a similar line of thinking, I was going to say, what about G8 parts on an SS. I wouldn't mind the new tech and interior, but certainly would keep the G8 GXP exterior components and wheels.

·
Meet The Lion
93 Posts
I definitely want those spiffy seats!!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
On a similar line of thinking, I was going to say, what about G8 parts on an SS. I wouldn't mind the new tech and interior, but certainly would keep the G8 GXP exterior components and wheels.
yeah,also along the same line of thinking I was even fantasizing in the next couple years picking up a wrecked ss striping down my gt and transplanting the interior, electronics and powertrain from the ss..... call it a project, yeah
..heh.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Why add weight to the car? Most of us are concerned about reducing weight, and your going to take the aluminum hood and decklid off and put steel parts back on?

·
Registered
64 Posts
You can probably get away with putting the fenders, fascia and hood(get the carbon fiber one) from a G8 onto the SS, but from looking at the rear quarter and deck lid.... where the beltline goes into the rear tail lamp has a different contour then our G8...so that entire side panel/door frame sheet metal is different.

·
Registered
64 Posts
shark fin antenna should be a direct replacement at least physically. function, ie # of connectors could be different...

·
Move over >
1,445 Posts
so does anyone know??

The seats, i'm sure they are the same bolt pattern. but are the connectors going to be an easy swap? i saw something about memory seats, i am assuming the whole harness for this would need to be swapped... i just want the power recline feature...

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
It's too bad they didn't switch to black window trim. Maybe they will. Something else I wish was standard on both.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I want the Seats, wheels, HUD, and of course the LS3 (or LSA)! Wouldn't mind the all glass no frame onstar rear view mirror! It looks cool and doesn't take up so much space!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I didn't even notice the mirror. I know the latest Camaros use a frameless mirror. MAYBE this one will be plug n play.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
what about the radio head unit? swapable?
JHP has a upfit radio conversion for the g8, so "yes", in a way. No nav option, but it's a start...

But retrofitting other bits from the global A platform to the VE other than via the link above would most likely be a nightmare, such that any dreams of HUD, IPC swap, or self-park-g8's or other electrical enhancements would be nearly impossible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We just took delivery of the first couple at my dealership. After a quick drive and putting it on a lift, I gotta say, not a bad update on the Holden, too bad its a Chevy. As for parts that transfer over, the headliner and dome lamps sure, seats yes, center console lid yes, rear seat yes, the trans is the same and the shifter just adds a boot. The LS3 is a direct swap, air intake and cover, brake booster, master cylinder are the same. The underhood fuse block is different. The exhaust has a H-pipe in it right after the cat but before the mid pipe resonator. The mufflers are the same but with a single tip on each. Brembos are only on the front but no issues swapping. Our suspension on the G8 is an FE2 while the SS is an FE3, so some minor upgrades but looks all the same. Sheet metal outside is obvioulsy all different so only way that is being swapped is doing the whole front or rear. No we can not put the HUD, radio, cluster or any other interior module in the car, not compatible operating system or communication. Dash no, inside door panels not without the dash since the mate up. And we loose the the memory seat if putting it all in. Granted I could be wrong about what will and won't transfer over. Haven't gotten a in depth look, but since I have access to GM Service Information website I can get a lot of info if needed.

·
You've got mail, YAAAAY!
1,951 Posts
If the seats bolt directly onto the G8 track (which they should), I will be upgrading.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Not a bad list. Some of the big stuff sucks but, ya never know. Techno geeks have been finding a way to get sh*t done for decades.

41 - 60 of 114 Posts