Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings G8 Drivers! My GT was stored outdoors in Florida while I was in Afghanistan from January through August this year. On coming home (and boy was I jonesing for a drive) I discovered a white mold had grown on the hood blanket around the hood air inlets.

Anyone else run across this, or anyone have ideas as to how to safely clean this off? Much thanks in advance ... Glenn

·
Registered
438 Posts
yea try the dealer if that doesnt do anything i have this stuff called moldex(black bottle) i got it at shoprite or a&p its for bathrooms but it doesnt leave a white residue and i used it in my trunk liner on my maxima when i had some mold there and it worked fine just sprayed it on and used a wet dry vac to clean it up and it was gone. never came back for the next 2 yrs i owned the car. im sure u can just vaccum it off too but i dont know if it will come back that way.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I cant figure out if mine is mold or just dirty rainwater seeping in. Lysol will kill mold. But there should be enough airflow under the hood (even when parked) that mold shouldnt be an issue. Also driving a few times should be enough heat to kill the mold. So I dunno, I'm gona whipe mine off with soap and rags then spray some lysol and see what happens.

·
Aceves Const 310-350-8040
388 Posts
yup water stains. the heat from the hood reflecting the sun should not allow any mold from growing that close to the hood. you should worry about rats or any other animal living in the motor though.

·
Hispanic Causing Panic
1,643 Posts
Mineral deposits from the water. I have it on mine. Being that your in the military it's almost akin to the white stuff (salt) you'll see seeping thru your combat boots.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts