Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This event is so much fun! Only down side is traction, and temps. Temps were in the low to mid 90s on Saturday, but it was still cool to run and watch. Saw a Hellcat blow, a lambo break a trans, etc.

The 1/2 mile really puts your combo to the test, to say the least.

Anyway, It was a blast. I hit a best of 166.9 MPH in the 1/2 mile. Zew66 also got in the action with his G8 GXP M6 as well. Enough of my yappin, here are some videos... ENJOY!!!!

Here is a Speedo view of my slowest run. Btw, speedo was reading a tad slow as I forgot to recalibrate the speedo for my taller tires. This is with my 3.45 gears

Here is run with a CLS63 AMG. Don't know why he tried running away from me so early....

Here is a solo run. With some exhaust sound action..

Here is ZEW66's GXP covering the 1/2. Man that Corsa!!!!!!!!

Here is ZEW66 in his GXP abusing a BMW.... I believe I also raced this guy..

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Those two G8's are stout.
Fun videos, getting to watch Bmers and Benzs get destroyed, and looks like everyone made it home without breaking anything.
Drive safe.

·
165 Posts
Thanks for sharing the videos, it does look like fun! You should try the magnum mile (mile and a half) at Mojave. Your car is stout enough to be the first G8 to run 200mph. I think they would make you put in a roll bar and a 5 point harness though.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for sharing the videos, it does look like fun! You should try the magnum mile (mile and a half) at Mojave. Your car is stout enough to be the first G8 to run 200mph. I think they would make you put in a roll bar and a 5 point harness though.

I will definitely look into it! That is actually my next goal with the car. The car should be able to do it with its new gearing. I guess it really depends on wind direction, temps, D.A, etc. It isn't going to happen if I don't try, right? Haa :grin2:

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All the 1/2 mile+ events are so far from me. Some day I'll make one.

Time to pack up, book a hotel, and have fun!!:grin2:.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
wastedrubber
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing