Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
G Whiz
30 Posts
Isn't that where Cinderella and her fellas llive?

Oh yeah, nice car too.:)

·
<><>Morgen<><>
879 Posts
Good pics!

·
I chase paper!!!
1,130 Posts
Looks like that castle you would see at the end of the third level in every world of Super Mario Bros(i had to say it, i couldnt resist :D)

Love that stealth blue. I wonder why it was a one-year color?

·
Go fast grocery getter
610 Posts
Looks like that castle you would see at the end of the third level in every world of Super Mario Bros(i had to say it, i couldnt resist :D)

LOL, good call on the Super Mario castle!

·
2nd place is 1st loser...
2,908 Posts
castlevania

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I saved the Princess and found a bunch of gold coins (they were gold plated:cry:)! :laugh:

I believe it was, or was going to be, the largest Wendy's in the world back in the 80's. Turned into Kings Castle Water Park and now is totally abandoned next to the Heritage Tower (if you would like to see more of this ghost town, I found this http://www.pbase.com/kappasigmapi/heritage_usa&page=4)

anyways, makes for a good backdrop I thought. Thanks for the comments, I personally think they look good in all colors :) I don't know why GM would cancel 3 of it's best colors. At least they replaced Stealth with Stryker and Slate, which are beautiful. Guess 2 blues are better than 1. At least Joe and I got 1 in 18 ever produced (still waiting for official numbers).

·
Go fast grocery getter
610 Posts
Wow those sunrise shots are b-e-a-utiful! That color goes perfectly with the background

·
<><>Morgen<><>
879 Posts
Hot!

·
Cynical A$$hole
2,353 Posts
I saved the Princess and found a bunch of gold coins (they were gold plated:cry:)! :laugh:

I believe it was, or was going to be, the largest Wendy's in the world back in the 80's. Turned into Kings Castle Water Park and now is totally abandoned next to the Heritage Tower (if you would like to see more of this ghost town, I found this http://www.pbase.com/kappasigmapi/heritage_usa&page=4)

anyways, makes for a good backdrop I thought. Thanks for the comments, I personally think they look good in all colors :) I don't know why GM would cancel 3 of it's best colors. At least they replaced Stealth with Stryker and Slate, which are beautiful. Guess 2 blues are better than 1. At least Joe and I got 1 in 18 ever produced (still waiting for official numbers).
Thanks for posting those. I had completely forgotten about that place. Are the other buildings still there?

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for posting those. I had completely forgotten about that place. Are the other buildings still there?
Looks like the water park is totally gone, besides the castle. The tower and little town are still there. I guess the plan is to now make the tower into apartments or something. I'll try and snap some more photos this weekend for a current picture of the property.

·
IT'S BLUE DAMN IT!
294 Posts
I was out crusin around this past weekend and couldn't resist picture taking. Anyone in the Charlotte area recognize this?

I swear we have 2 different paint jobs based on our pictures. Here's a few of mine I took while my GF and I drove home. She got to drive the G8 and I had to drive my company pick up. :whine:

I-15 N/B to the I-10 W/B ramp. G8 looking mean in my side mirror:

Don't know how i managed this shot..just held my camera upside down and facing backwards and got lucky:

That damn woman put the hammer down just as I was snapping the shot and I missed getting the whole car in the picture:

These shots were a bit tough to take while driving in So Cal rush hour so please excuse the quality:

SRG963: If you are ever in So Cal or if I ever get back to the east coast... let's be sure to look each other up so we can take a picture of our cars together...i swear your blue and my blue are different. :wink2:

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I swear we have 2 different paint jobs based on our pictures.

SRG963: If you are ever in So Cal or if I ever get back to the east coast... let's be sure to look each other up so we can take a picture of our cars together...i swear your blue and my blue are different. :wink2:
Your first picture here looks like my car. Your's looks like it has purple flakes in it, does it??? I have a purple base and 2 different blue flakes (that I can count).

There is another Stealth Blue (fully loaded exactly like mine, what are the chances) here within 30 miles of me, so I'm going to drive over there this weekend and take many pictures and settle this thing :judge:

I have to say that when I first got my car it's color was more purple than anything. Since then I've washed and detailed it several times and the color has changed.

·
IT'S BLUE DAMN IT!
294 Posts
Sooooo.... you washed the purple out of it eh?

I'll be detailing it this weekend (if i get it back from the dealer) so I'll take a closer look at the paint but everyone argues with me that it's purple not blue so I compromise and tell them it's indigo.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sooooo.... you washed the purple out of it eh?

I'll be detailing it this weekend (if i get it back from the dealer) so I'll take a closer look at the paint but everyone argues with me that it's purple not blue so I compromise and tell them it's indigo.
When it's clouds, and from a distance, it's almost a passion blue. Today 3 hotties walked by and were caught in a trance by my hood :) In direct sunlight, there is nothing better looking out there on a car.

This fancy tri-color paint has us both scratching our heads :laugh:

Did you hear the good news about the GXP, production started TODAY!!!!

·
IT'S BLUE DAMN IT!
294 Posts
Your first picture here looks like my car. Your's looks like it has purple flakes in it, does it??? I have a purple base and 2 different blue flakes (that I can count).
Mine appears to have a purple base w/ blue flakes as well. Here's a few shots from yesterday fresh off a wash and wax.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts