Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not had a chance to pull it apart, but I have had a rattle in my front driver side brake rotor since putting on new pads. It definitely is affected by rotation, as the noise changes from: fast and slow speeds, and hitting bumps.

I am hoping it is a dust shield or pad clip problem. I was just hoping for things to look for when I pull the wheel off?
thanks,
Shaun

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By bracket, you mean the bracket that attaches to the spindle, allowing the moving piece to slide through it?

Thanks for the quick response.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
^Paperwork just said new caliper bracket....not sure on exactly what was replaced...it was covered under warranty many years ago.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
The brackets and clips are the same. Assuming you just lifted the caliper (not taking the whole thing off), check that the right pad was put on the right side of the rotor(please don't take offense, just eliminating possibilities). Also check that the pads sit well in the brackets. Make sure they aren't bent or cracked, reassemble and double check tightness.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No offense taken, something was obviously put back incorrectly or loose.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
It's the pad clips. When I first changed my pads there were new clips that came with pads. I used the new clips and it rattled every time I went over a bump. Took it apart and put the old (original) clips back on and the rattle disappeared.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
i actually had my old clips cause an issue. ordered new clips and it's noise free.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts