Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my base g8 with 66k miles on it. 3 years later I have 107k miles on it. Here is the preventative maintenance measures I've taken so far:

Clean K&N Air Filter
Change Cabin Filter
Scheduled oil changes
Scheduled tire rotations
Transmission Flush
Power Steering Flush
Techron Fuel Injector/fuel system cleaner bottle

Would you say there is anything major I am missing or completely forgetting? Or anything else you'd recommend I do?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Seafoam the intake every 10K and put seafoam in oil every other oil change. Or use Mystery Marvel oil every other oil change or some combination there of. I think keeping the VVT solenoids and oil passages clean is critical on these. Same for the intake, critical to keep it clean.

I'm at 134K now. So far so good.

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts

·
I'd Rather Be Shifting
565 Posts
Sorry no plug wires on the V6:judge:
Ah, I just noticed this was in the V6 section. Only looking at "New Posts" gets me again, lol

I still stand by my headers suggestion; however, I would also suggest an engine swap considering... ;)

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
Definitely flush the coolant.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Got my V6 base at 145K by 150K had done all filter, fluids and fuel system.
By far the most noticeable thing done was the injector cleaner bottle, well worth it to me.
....no headers.... my Base is bone stock, if/when I step up to a GT will look at mods

·
Registered
105 Posts
I wouldnt flush the trans, many issues can come up on full flush. Just do new fluid.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Get a new paper engine air filter. They are cheap and easy to change. Throw the oil bath one in the garbage, those were designed for use on dirt bikes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts