Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Choosing the right tires that can handle any weather and road conditions throughout the year is one of the most important decisions you can make. If you live in a mild climate and don't need the actual snow tires, then all-season tires would be your best bet. They are designed to provide optimal grip in most of the weather conditions throughout the year and provide safe braking performance.

Unlike regular tires, all-season tires offer good tread life, quiet ride, and year-round performance. The number of tire options on the market can be overwhelming, but we decided to showcase some of the most popular all-season tire options among our customers!

#1 Cooper Zeon RS3 G1

Features:

• 3D micro-gauge sipes improve the stability of tread elements providing enhanced handling in wet and dry conditions
  • An asymmetrical tread pattern provides better stability during cornering maneuvers and reduces tire noise
  • The compound is specially formulated to provide maximum dry and wet traction
  • Visual indicator allows you to approximate the tread life remaining in your tires
#2 Hankook Ventus V2 Concept2

Features:

• 3-D point effect and center rib block offers efficient handling
  • Optimal profile design ensures safe riding at high speeds
  • Noise care block reduces noise level and increases your comfort
  • Aqua driving control ensures enhanced stability on any rainy road
#3 Goodyear Eagle Sport

Features:

• The proven asymmetric tread offers both responsive handling and exceptional all-season grip
  • An innovative tread compound delivers outstanding wet and dry performance, with enhanced grip in ice and snow
  • Full-depth sipes help create biting edges for confident grip — even as the tire wears
  • The rim protector helps defend against accidental curb damage

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
...The number of tire options on the market can be overwhelming, but we decided to showcase some of the most popular all-season tire options among our customers...
Rather interesting list of tires. After dealing with the G8's factory Goodyear's, would not consider purchasing another Goodyear tire unless it was for the daily driver and came from a salvage yard. Yeah... still a little salty about the whole ordeal.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Agreed on the Goodyear's.
Coppers are a non-starter.
Don't mind Hankooks, I'd give them a go.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Cooper and General are well known for tire pulls. I stay away from both.

Michelin's are the way to go imho, although I have been very pleased with the Uniroyal Tiger Paws I put on the G8.

·
Vendor
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback guys. You're right, this list doesn't represent the best tires of all times, but shows some of the most popular models among our customers. By the way, we currently have a special offer on Michelins, so in case you are looking for a new set of tires, check them out here:

Michelin™ | Tires — CARiD.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts