Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MUSCLE Biotch!
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They pretty much have the same view I have on a more potent version of the SS down the road. 7:20 is when they start to talk about the car.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Just watched this. They talked about how people think it is bland and how the price will make or break this car. I agree with pretty much all they said, the guy who went to Daytona to see it said it does look better in person than in photos. I still think it is too boring for an LS3 under the hood, but once they get into dealership's I will for sure check one out.

Thanks for sharing the vid.

·
MUSCLE Biotch!
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the guy who went to Daytona to see it said it does look better in person than in photos. Thanks for sharing the vid.
Yeah and he made mention about the fender flares not being as pronounced as on the G8 which makes me think people simply loved that part of the G8. I met a guy at the local C&C with a CTS-V wagon and he was loving the G8 and pointed that one detail about the G8 that he loved. It does look badass from certain angles.

It was good to hear what these guys had to say.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Fender flares are less pronounced for aerodynamic reasons. The frontal shape is partly dictated by pedestrian collision safety.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Yeah, how lame is that: why should cars be shaped for the safety of pedestrians? Get the eff outta my way and you won't get hit and NEED my car to spare your life!

(no, the above is not a joke, I am horribly offended by the concept of cars having to take pedestrians into consideration).

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
It makes more sense from the government's perspective, when they know that pedestrian fatalities would be reduced by a certain percentage annually if new cars had to meet certain requirements.

·
G8/LSX n00b
855 Posts
Move b*tch get out the way!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I was soooooo excited for this car when the initial reports were in. Now though, couple the somewhat bland looks and the fact we won't see it on Canadian shores, I'll be saving for a twin turbo CTS or better yet, a Grand National.

·
Registered
2008 GT
419 Posts
I'd rather buy a Ute if it were possible.

The more I see the SS the more I dislike it. The G8 has far better styling and is 5 years old.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts