Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are moving to Chandler next month. Looking to meet up with fellow G8 owners in the area. Is the only Cars and Coffee in Scottsdale? Friday night is drag racing at Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park? Any other cruising spots?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Welcome! Scottsdale Pavilions is great to hang out and talk cars.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Racing in the heat has a drastic effect on your ET and MPH, but its still fun.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
welcome !

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yep it is hot. I ran two weeks ago as I am part of the ADRA team. In 96 degree heat I ran my best time. Not a G8. Had one for many years. But I ran a 10.77 at 129.53 at a DA of 4300 feet. I am off to San Diego with my girls. In a few weeks I might do a test n tune with the Fat Cat. Welcome to Arizona! Rhett are you up and running???

Attachments

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
welcome to helizona !!! :)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Yep it is hot. I ran two weeks ago as I am part of the ADRA team. In 96 degree heat I ran my best time. Not a G8. Had one for many years. But I ran a 10.77 at 129.53 at a DA of 4300 feet. I am off to San Diego with my girls. In a few weeks I might do a test n tune with the Fat Cat. Welcome to Arizona! Rhett are you up and running???

Hey Alan, awesome time for this heat!!! WOWZERS!! I'm up and running, just missing the main component, TIME! Ha ha ha. Like you, I may be heading to San Diego to get away for a little bit. We love it there

·
Registered
1,995 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Watch out, if you start hanging around with this group your car will go faster and your wallet will become lighter. Both are totally worth it!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Watch out, if you start hanging around with this group your car will go faster and your wallet will become lighter. Both are totally worth it!

Thanks for the warning. It is already a 404 stroker 482/500 RWHP
I could use a 3:45 though. I would love to do a manual swap,since I hate the 3,200 stall.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome to Arizona! If you're ever up in Tempe and you see a White Hot G8 GT with a sticker that says "Are You Following Jesus This Closely?" that's me!

I have only seen 2 G8's this entire month. Ironically both were white,however I was not close enough to see a sticker

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I went to Scottsdale Cars and coffee Saturday. I was the only G 8 there. I also went to Chandler Cars and coffee. Chandler should just call themselves Subaru meet.
No 93 sold here? That just sucks. Looks like I will need to switch to e85,or run a octane boost
Anyone recommend a shop or can help me out with exhaust? I need to put racing cats on American Racing headers. I am in an apartment for a year so I have no access to do this myself.

·
Registered
24 Posts
No 93 in Arizona. If you are by Wild Horse Pass at the Love's fuel station they have an isle that sells 100. But very expensive. In Tucson there are two stations that have E 85. On my 18.5 gallon tank in my Hellcat I put 3 gallons of E 85 in to bump the octane a little. Also in the summer it does not hurt to have the cooling effect of E 85. Rhett works at a shop in Phoenix part time. I am sure he can help you out or recommend someone.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts