Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Military has me moving to Denver area in June time frame next year. I am just curious if any of you in this area have found a good dealer that is "mod friendly". I am lucky to have one here, where I am stationed now. I was thinking of holding off on my tune until I moved out there and felt out the dealers. So, unless I get a strong confirmation from yall that there is at least 1 dealer in the area that is mod friendly I will probably have to hold off on the tune for now. And btw, I am not talking major mod's just intake, exhaust, and hopefully soon to be tune (leaning toward Livernois). Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I was station in Colorado Springs and Denver is about the same altitude. Is about 6,000 ft over sea level. You will feel the lost of power due to the altitude.

Other than that, good luck on your new assignment.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
jdr......welcome to denver...I'm military out here also...pm me if ya need any local area stuff

There are a few folks here who are friends with a service manager at one of the local dealers...they seem to be ok...

If you've run it at the track don't be too pissed when you lose a butt ton here at mile hi...

couple of us G8s run at Bandimere Speedway in the Club clash bracket series...lots of fun...

be good to have another g8 on base....were up to 6 that I know of...

david

·
Registered
143 Posts
jdr......welcome to denver...I'm military out here also...pm me if ya need any local area stuff

There are a few folks here who are friends with a service manager at one of the local dealers...they seem to be ok...

If you've run it at the track don't be too pissed when you lose a butt ton here at mile hi...

couple of us G8s run at Bandimere Speedway in the Club clash bracket series...lots of fun...

be good to have another g8 on base....were up to 6 that I know of...

david

As one of the other military guys here (Air National Guard) welcome to Denver. I know that Todd at Suss Buick/GMC (suss.net) is really cool and loves the G8s. He keeps asking when I am going to mod mine.

So your G8 doesn't happen to be Stryker Blue Metallic does it?

Mike

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Mike! You're Alive! Long time no see....well except for Friday, saw u at 225/Cliff. How is new baby doing?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
We got all the SBM G8s and GXPs up here...
Welcome to the area, what unit are you being assigned to?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Welcome JDR0003. My Hubby & I are one of the many Proud GXP SBM owners here in the Rocky Mountain region. We are the "friends" of the Svc Mgr at a shop in the north metro area.

Keep in touch & let us know when you arrive. It will be a great excuse to have a G8/Pontiac gathering!

Jackie

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm jealous of all you Colorado folks. I spent two years in Colorado Springs for the Army and loved it there. My civilian life has since taken me elsewhere however. I am planning a visit this summer though :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We got all the SBM G8s and GXPs up here...
Welcome to the area, what unit are you being assigned to?
I will be headed to Buckley AFB (forget the unit) in June time frame as it stands now.

So looks like I might be leaning toward the tune soon then, since there is at least 1 if not 2 somewhat mod friendly dealers in the area. To bad its almost winter time, won't really get to enjoy the new power for long if I do go ahead

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm jealous of all you Colorado folks. I spent two years in Colorado Springs for the Army and loved it there. My civilian life has since taken me elsewhere however. I am planning a visit this summer though :)
Jealous of Colorado folks I'm jealous of you in Texas! (assuming your location is correct) Thats where I'm from originally. My job in military = very slim chance ill ever be stationed there unfortunately. But, I'll be there for Christmas this year though!:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts