Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Founder:HOCONA
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ahh ok. Mystery solved. What's interesting about my car's delivery history is that It went directly to Oshawa... Normally it would show a dealer destination, or so I thought... Maybe these ozzi cars were diffrent?

·
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Love the diffuser light, where did you got it?
Ebay for like 5 bucks... Lol. <<<hide>>>

I only drilled one tiny hole for the wire to fit through... Just in case I wake up one day and decide it has to go... I have it wired to come on with tails only... It's not a fourth brake light... Lol

·
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Took this gem at sunset tonight...

·
Registered
556 Posts
What front spoiler is that?

·
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
HD Front Lip mod.

As in Home Depot. ;)

·
Registered
556 Posts

·
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Did some prep work before the big GM Powertrain show last Friday...

Yes, the grilles and plate were removed from the car before paint and further sanding... :p

Yes it's rattle can, and yes I know it's not perfect... But I can live with it (for now)...

I actually baked the emblem in the oven for ten minutes at 450 degrees in order to bend it to better suit the center crease of the front bumper cover better...

I didn't want lower case font, but it will do for now...

Horizontal trim now plasti dipped red on interior.

6.0 badge (GTO)...

·
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

·
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Red plasti dipped trim ring arround shifter...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Looks good man! Hope to see the car one day in person!

·
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks fellas.

Come up to Toronto next spring... We had 44 this year, we are hoping for 50 or more next year.

;)

·
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
So as winter approaches here in Southern Ontario and elsewhere in the North East, many of us are turning our thoughts to how we will deal with the winter ahead from a mobility stand point.

I was lucky enough to have a small reserve fund put asside in the Spring to buy a very very cheap Cavalier Z24... 15,000 Kms later (I use it 4 to 5 days a week to run up and down the highway to work year round), all it's cost me is an alternator and front brakes... All installed by me for under 150 bucks... So a bit of clean up and some rust repair has netted an ok little buggy for the winter months ahead... Especially when you consider I just scooped some nearly new no name winter tires and steelies for 140 bucks!

That being said, the Commodore is off the road by November 15th at the latest or sooner if the snow flies between now and then!

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Nice score Gary. My buddy still had that same model and they got new fuel lines and some other parts for almost nothing. Runs like a top. I guess that I'll see you in the spring. You should check out coming to MI sometime. There is a G8 facebook forum out there and we just ran 36 cars to Frankenmuth last Saturday. They will dig your ride and you should bring it to Woodward.

·
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Hi Frank, I just joined that group on fb this past week...

Woodward is on the bucket list for sure.

:)

21 - 36 of 36 Posts