Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
I know Solo sells a set that is supposed to eliminate drone but this hasn't been entirely successful. If you are trying to kill drone the only way I've seen it done successfully is with J-pipes. Also available from Solo.

-Dennis-

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im trying to kill the drone and tone down my exhaust at the same time so i think i will try the resonators first, then go from there

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
v6 or v8?

V8 cars with MR-resonators on the solo catback further refine the "outer manners" just a bit, even with headers and hfc's. Drone is not a problem with my v8 car at highway speeds.

Not sure about axleback, do you have a xpipe in there instead of the main muffler along with the solo axlebacks? Is that your config?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Im trying to kill the drone and tone down my exhaust at the same time so i think i will try the resonators first, then go from there
That makes sense then.

Zep, he's got a V6.

-Dennis-

·
Car RamRod
1,795 Posts
v6 or v8?

V8 cars with MR-resonators on the solo catback further refine the "outer manners" just a bit, even with headers and hfc's. Drone is not a problem with my v8 car at highway speeds.

Not sure about axleback, do you have a xpipe in there instead of the main muffler along with the solo axlebacks? Is that your config?
Pics? I need to tone mine down a bit, so I'm looking for alternatives.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts