Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tonight was the first time ive gone out racing in a while, and when i show up i get called out by a number of vehicles, more than i had planned or even expected to have ran against. But after all was said and done i ended up with a nice list of kills through the night. All from a dig and about 1/4 miles runs on the street. All my mods are in my Signature.

1. 5th Gen Camaro SS with intake and exhaust. Won by about half car.
2. New 5.0 mustang with catback exhaust. Won by a fender.
3. TBSS AWD with cam, converter, and tune. Won by 3 car lengths.
4. TBSS RWD with cam, converter, headers, and tune. Won by 7-8 lengths.
5. 4.6L 05-08 Mustang GT with exhaust, and 100 shot. Won by 6-7 lengths.
6. Jeep SRT8 with exhaust and tune. Won by 2 car lengths.
7. RCSB Silverado 6.0 with converter, gears, headers, and tune. Won by 4-5 lengths
8. G35 Sedan with exhaust, and intake. Won by about 9 car lengths

And for my last race of the night had to put a fellow G8 brother down.

9. 08 G8 GT with catback. Won by 4-5 car lengths.

All in all i had a great night that started out not even planning on racing anyone and came out without a loss even though a few were very close.

Hoping a few of my friends were able to get video of some of the races. If so i'll add them in as i can.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Sounds like a fun night. Stay safe.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
am i missing something?, good kills but with your mods i figure you'd lose most of those races.
Traction is part of it in a couple races, other than that idk. I know i was spinning quite a bit so i can only imagine others were as well. As for the TBSS and SRT8 that were AWD they didnt have any issues except i'd end up pulling back around them after i hooked up.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vids or it didnt happen :)
Im working on trying to get them, my buddy told me their were a few people out there recording most of the races.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice kills, I'm kind of suprised you beat a new 5.0 with an exhaust & Cammed RWD TBSS especially by the amount of lengths you beat the SS by.
The 5.0 i was surprised too, but the TBSS i wasnt, bald tires and runs like ass for whats done.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dude im sorry but theres no shot you beat some of these cars by that much with your gt...or these people didnt know how to race or drive lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Believe it or not its whatever, if i had access to videos id post em so you can all see for yourselves. Im too old to make up random stories for attention so theres no point in me lying about what happened last night lol. Im sure at the track or somewhere where traction was better or from a roll it could be completely different.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Way to represent Brandon

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Yep

·
Registered
172 Posts
Great kills brah!!!!!!!! , Theirs always someone is going o say something in a forum that's why i don't post my kills no more, I would love to share the videos and stuff but there are a few idiots on this forum that don't know how to drive or drive in their minds.

that was all in Mexico right?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great kills brah!!!!!!!! , Theirs always someone is going o say something in a forum that's why i don't post my kills no more, I would love to share the videos and stuff but there are a few idiots on this forum that don't know how to drive or drive in their minds.

that was all in Mexico right?
Yeah, i probably wont bother posting later kills because of it but its whatever. And yes....mexico lol.

some of the lengths seem optimistic, but i have no doubt you won em all, good runs... get dat go pro man! :D

EDIT, this was my 777th post... NEAT!
The lengths may be, but its close to what is stated and thanks, yeah a go pro would be a nice investment.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Good kills, OP!

Let's not forget that these are street races done by people who may love their cars but still not know how to launch them correctly, shift like pros, etc. Sure, a new 5.0 should be able to beat a reasonably-stock G8 GT, but on the street, anything's possible, and that's part of the fun. There's no call to be hatin' on street victories unless you can prove they're lies.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.