Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cruising up the local two-lane, I see the quad headlights of a Mustang pulling up slowly behind me. I'm praying for a red light, and am rewarded. I move over to the next lane, and the 'Stang lines up beside me. I look over, and see a middle-aged couple, wifey in the passenger seat, smiling, as if she knows what's going to happen. It's got a GT label, so unless he's modded, I know I'll win...

I put it in manual mode, because I don't know if he's going to really go or not. Light goes verde, and he lets his clutch out slowly, then mashes it! I put the hammer down, and by the top of second gear, I'm four car lengths in front!

We pull to the next light, and put my window down, they pull up and he exclaims, "Wow! That thing is fast!" I thank him for the complement, and ask him what year his car was. He replies it is a 2010.

He commented on my license plate, LAST NDN, and even understood that it referenced Pontiac, but asked if it was because my car was a GTO! LOLOL. I informed him it was a G8 GXP, but he had absolutely no clue. Hoping he went home and looked it up...

·
Registered
335 Posts
^^What Zodiac said!!

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Cool .

·
Registered
1,226 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Nice kill, those mustangs in 2010 were just a shame, but I saw those things going for under $20k new so he might have gotten a smoking deal.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Haha nice kill! What is wrong with the 2010's?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Good kill and your opponent got a little Pontiac education!

·
every village has one
2,354 Posts
Cruising up the local two-lane, I see the quad headlights of a Mustang pulling up slowly behind me. I'm praying for a red light, and am rewarded. I move over to the next lane, and the 'Stang lines up beside me. I look over, and see a middle-aged couple, wifey in the passenger seat, smiling, as if she knows what's going to happen. It's got a GT label, so unless he's modded, I know I'll win...

I put it in manual mode, because I don't know if he's going to really go or not. Light goes verde, and he lets his clutch out slowly, then mashes it! I put the hammer down, and by the top of second gear, I'm four car lengths in front!

We pull to the next light, and put my window down, they pull up and he exclaims, "Wow! That thing is fast!" I thank him for the complement, and ask him what year his car was. He replies it is a 2010.

He commented on my license plate, LAST NDN, and even understood that it referenced Pontiac, but asked if it was because my car was a GTO! LOLOL. I
informed him it was a G8 GXP, but he had absolutely no clue. Hoping he wenthome and looked it up...
Nice.
Define "middle aged"....

·
You've got mail, YAAAAY!
1,950 Posts
Can you imagine trying to liquidate the GT inventory on the Mustang lot in 2010?

"Well hello Mr. Johnson, we will make you a great deal on a 2010 GT. In fact, we have several in stock... OH, you want a 2011?? Nooo, the 2010 is much sleeker and it gets far better gas mileage. It's also truer to the original Mustang formula and is bound to be a collector car someday"

"Hello Mr. Smith, we will make you a great deal on a 2011 5.0 GT. In fact, we have on in stock. Oh...., you want a 2010?? I wouldn't if I were you, the 2011 is much faster and gets better gas mileage than the 2010. It's also truer to the original Mustang formula and is bound to be a collector car someday"

·
Super Moderator
4,913 Posts
2010 Mustang GT = 315 hp (it picked up the extra 15 over the 2009 with the new intake)
2011 Mustang V6 = 305 hp

So yeah the guys that bought 2010 GTs got shafted.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
And I see so many more 2010s driving around than 2011+ up here, likely because they were heavily discounted (I have no way to prove that, mind you). They look awesome, but every time I see a newer Mustang looking and sounding all mean, and then see the "GT" badge on the fender, I can't help but crack a smug smile :). I beat one before my HFCs and tune, and most of the "souped up" cars around here are stripes and noise.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Beautiful. Must educate the uneducated !

·
Pontiac Enthusiast
115 Posts
I agree that Mustang Kills are the most rewarding! Audi's are a close 2nd.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts