Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE

It took a while but I finally got what I want, an L98 T56 Igintion Lumina!
Here are some prelimimary pics from the dealership:

---

I'll post more pics when I take delivery on saturday.

About the breakin period, while not going totally soft on the car by giving it nice bursts of speed and a bit of spirited driving, I'll be using a 10W40 or 20W40 for 50 miles, change oil, then change again at 100, 300 and 500

thoughts?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Gorgeous. Congrats on the new baby!

I've done a lot of reading into the breakin period, and particularly the oil. The original oil they put in the cars typically has a detergent in it to help seat the rings and clean out any bits of remaining flashing in oil passages.

When I get my new car, I'll leave the original oil in it for the first 300-500 miles, then change again at 1000 with synthetic, and every 3-4000 after that. A bit overkill perhaps, but an extra 30 bucks in oil every few months is worth it to me.

BTW - what country do you live in?

·
Cynical A$$hole
2,353 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics. Does it not have keyless entry, I only saw the Panic button on the Fob.

·
Alexander Haig
1,858 Posts
Nice ride! I would leave the factory oil in te hengine for a full first 500 miles at least. All modern oils have detergent of some sorts, not as much as diesl-rated oils but some are rated for both. There is no such thing as a break-in oil anymore. The book probably tells you to use 10w-30 for almost all temperatures, maybe in your locale it might be 15w-40, but stick with what GM says whether you use dino or synthetic. Of course where you are living, using synthetic oil might get you tossed under a camel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got a quick question? How's the room in the backseat. Is the headroom/legroom okay? thanks in advance and congrats on a beautiful car

·
Registered
80 Posts
That looks awesome thanks for posting pics. I can't wait to get mine. I still think the foreign, to America, versions look better. I like the more aggressive Holdens and Chevys, compared to the Pontiac version we will get here.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's awesome.

From the moment I start the car it starts to rumble with a decent low reassuring growl. While clutching in and moving around the clutch is light and the shift stick is stable, what's also noticable is that the steering feel is planted, direct. Now, as it's pushed the first thing that hits you is it's sound.. it sounds amazing given that the exhaust is still stock but then the sound is coverd by annoying wheelspin, I do wish wider wheels would come as stock rather then the 245/45/18's but they do hookup in short time. It's looks compared to the usual, bland Camry and Accord is menacing and seeing as it's still in it's first few months in the market it get's a good amount of looks and question marks. Currently with 124 miles on it, I can't wait till I walk it around more so I can really let it loose. What I'm worried most about is if the rear-end can handle the torque of the L98. Guess I'll know soon enough.

Cheers,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts