Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I raced with a 2011 2.4 liter malibu and couldn't pull away from it,also a 2.5 altima basically toyed with me.Is something wrong with my car ?

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Lol. Good question.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Probably driving an import.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Didn't even look to see what section this was in. I always just go to active topics. Its bookmarked to open in that section. Good call doe : )

·
Registered
436 Posts
I raced with a 2011 2.4 liter malibu and couldn't pull away from it,also a 2.5 altima basically toyed with me.Is something wrong with my car ?
To me, it sounds like your car has some type of issue{s}. If you're not too upside down, trade yours in and get a V-8 G8. Then you can play with some real performance cars.

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Unfortunately the v6 is causing your problems.

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Wow my V6 eats those cars. Something seriously wrong there.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Press the pedal harder. A stock base model should be able to lap a malibu

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Press the pedal harder. A stock base model should be able to lap a malibu
I also have a Malibu for a DD and my G8 blows it away. Only 155hp or so in my Malibu. So the V6 is twice the hp.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To me, it sounds like your car has some type of issue{s}. If you're not too upside down, trade yours in and get a V-8 G8. Then you can play with some real performance cars.
Do you know what type of problem it can be,once it hits around 95 it just goes flat

·
Registered
436 Posts
Do you know what type of problem it can be,once it hits around 95 it just goes flat
Is your car stock or is it modded? Because something definitely sounds messed up. I wish I could tell you, but I don't know what to tell you. Just keep digging until you find out what's wrong.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Before I tuned my V6, it did struggle after 100. It felt like the engine just stopped trying. After I tuned it with the overkill tune, it kept pushing 100+. You not only felt a difference but could hear it in the engine to.

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
I'm wondering if it's something simple like a clogged air filter.

Clogged exhaust can cause the same symptom but that can be tricky to diagnose.

How many miles on the car? Have the spark plugs ever been changed?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts