207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Installed 2015 Camaro SS wheels I had on my CTS

Installed a Spectre cold air intake

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Blacked out all chrome painted hood scoops and spoiler and installed 6cyl taillights

Added shark fin antenna

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Installed Manzo headers and Magnaflow cat back

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Catch can and LS7 MAF

Tuned by PCM of NC

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
2016 Camaro SS wheels powder coated black with custom Pontiac center cap overlay

Blacked out fender turn signals

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Blacked out side markers

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Out with the old

In with the new

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have to install DoD delete, still debating on cam and stall, have powerbond under drive pulley, varararm intake, camaro diff and who knows what else

·
Registered
272 Posts
Couple of recommendations. If you want to black out the front yellow reflectors on the front bumper, GraphxWerks makes a side marker vinyl overlay: GrafxWerks - Side Marker Overlays (Front) // Pontiac G8. That would really finish off your blacked out look, which looks great on your car.

As far as a cam selection, I recommend the CamMotion LS3 Stage 2. You can use this cam with the stock stall but it is on the edge; still very friendly to daily drive. I have the LS2 version of this cam in my 2006 GTO and made 400 HP/385 TQ to the wheels with the typical supporting mods (headers, intake). And I am running this on the stock stall with no problems. The G8 GT should make 25 to 50 more WHP than my GTO since it is the same 6.0 block but has the better flowing rectangular port heads and intake. The LS3 Stage 2 cam also doesn't have crazy lift numbers like a lot of other cams so will be much friendly to the valve train (lift is less important than duration and lobe design).

Regarless, great looking car and nice mods.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Couple of recommendations. If you want to black out the front yellow reflectors on the front bumper, GraphxWerks makes a side marker vinyl overlay: GrafxWerks - Side Marker Overlays (Front) // Pontiac G8. That would really finish off your blacked out look, which looks great on your car.

As far as a cam selection, I recommend the CamMotion LS3 Stage 2. You can use this cam with the stock stall but it is on the edge; still very friendly to daily drive. I have the LS2 version of this cam in my 2006 GTO and made 400 HP/385 TQ to the wheels with the typical supporting mods (headers, intake). And I am running this on the stock stall with no problems. The G8 GT should make 25 to 50 more WHP than my GTO since it is the same 6.0 block but has the better flowing rectangular port heads and intake. The LS3 Stage 2 cam also doesn't have crazy lift numbers like a lot of other cams so will be much friendly to the valve train (lift is less important than duration and lobe design).

Regarless, great looking car and nice mods.
I have looked at the overlay thinking maybe just Plasti dip like I did the makers but I do like the overlay.
Camshaft, well I'm hoping Rick responds with his recommendation to my request to him but was looking at Lunati low lift, also looking at auto image ls3 heads if not going to get mine ported, I have ls3 rockers and valves, Smith brothers copper trunnion upgrade, after cam is sourced then I'll get springs and pushrods.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Cool man. It's always fun to personalize your ride . Make it a little different.

Safe driving!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey Sal when do you want to go drag racing? Piedmont? Rockingham?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Looks awesome !!! I ported my heads at the same time as DOD delete/cam swap, we didn't notice as much gain from porting as we hoped. I'm waiting on a reply from Rick as well about his intake manifold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Sal when do you want to go drag racing? Piedmont? Rockingham?
It has been a long time but would probably be around here go to Z Max

Looks awesome !!! I ported my heads at the same time as DOD delete/cam swap, we didn't notice as much gain from porting as we hoped. I'm waiting on a reply from Rick as well about his intake manifold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
was looking at this shop that is local Advanced Induction - LSX Cylinder Heads

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
About this Discussion
53 Replies
16 Participants
sal329
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing