Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Right Kind Of Wrong
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Corsa catback exhaust was a great addition I felt a huge change but was highly disapointed in the exhaust sound, a little to quite for my liking even with my BBK shorty headers. So I decided to try the SOLO HFC and I must say im pretty disapointed in the sound. I expected it to be much louder but it isnt. What do I need to do to make this thing louder????:whine:

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
get rid of the pointless shorties and put longtubes on the car... if its too quiet for you its probably because youre in a big plush 4 door with a bunch of sound deadening... its probably louder than you realize outside...

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Sell the Corsa and run straight pipes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nah I have kooks lt's 1 7/8,and the corsa cat back! Kinda quiet at a idle but with a nice rumble. However when I mash it you can't hear another car around me. Cabin noise I say it would be a 4-5 and exterior sound is a good 8-9 on a scale of 10. Love this set up!

·
Registered
845 Posts
Switching to long tubes vs shortys will make no difference. If its not loud enough for you after the hfc's its time to ditch the Corsa.

·
Registered
304 Posts
^^^LOL!!! Stick in a cam with LT's and the corsa connection pipes (no cats) and listen to that thing sing.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Corsa sounds quiet inside the car at idle, and putting around town, but outside the car, under throttle, and WOT, it's actually pretty loud. I didn't realize how loud my car car when I had Kooks 1 7/8 longtubes, catted Kooks connection pipes, and Corsa catback was until I stood behind the car on the dyno.

If you want louder, go long tubes with no cats, and keep the Corsa. It will still be fairly tame at idle and cruising, but when you gas it, it'll make some noise on the outside!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
ditch the cats. It will be louder. Also, like stated, the Corsa is pretty tame inside the car, but loud as **** outside.

Kooks LTs, no cats, Corsa FTW!

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you want loud why not throw a set of cut outs on it and open them up when u want stupid loud and close them when u want to be tame? I've put cut outs on a few of my cars and if u go with a quality cut out u won't get any exhaust fumes leaking by when they are shut.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Headers with down pipes only? Being obnoxiously loud isn't a good thing. I enjoy how quiet my Corsa in under normal driving. Makes for happy neighbors, co-workers, bosses, parents, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.