Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how the car looks now and whats coming up for the next look. I still need to get the fenders and Im planning on goin with the E2 GTS front bumper.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha... from ebay.

I got the complete tail lights off one guy from Sydney and the rear bumper from a different guy in Melbourne, Vic.

·
Hsv Gts Pimp
874 Posts
Very interested to see how the rear comes out. They swear that the rear quarters will need to be worked for the bumper to fit.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
HSV's here in Australia are a dime a dozen, so I usually don't get very excited
about them.
What steered me towards the SSV Special Edition is the Pontiac look.
It was something reasonably unique & different & not common.
I've put the Pontiac Arrowheads on my car & even here in Australia I get
people asking what sort of car it is????
But over in your part of the world- you guy's "dress" you're cars with HSV
& Holden stuff...Go figure???

On a side note I'm going to the HSV Nationals next month so will post up some pics for you guy's.....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very interested to see how the rear comes out. They swear that the rear quarters will need to be worked for the bumper to fit.
I need to make some time to start working on the rear conversion and make sure everything will fit properly. The rear quarters are the same there might be lil things that would probably need to be adjusted to fit everything perfect but it can be done.

HSV's here in Australia are a dime a dozen, so I usually don't get very excited
about them.
What steered me towards the SSV Special Edition is the Pontiac look.
It was something reasonably unique & different & not common.
I've put the Pontiac Arrowheads on my car & even here in Australia I get
people asking what sort of car it is????
But over in your part of the world- you guy's "dress" you're cars with HSV
& Holden stuff...Go figure???

On a side note I'm going to the HSV Nationals next month so will post up some pics for you guy's.....
We seem to do the same you guys do by giving our cars a different and nice look. Since we weren't lucky to get the HSV version here in the US it takes a lot to make up your mind on spending a lot of money just to buy the HSV parts and knowing how much more you have to spend to ship them to our country.

I know once the project is completed is not goin to be a usual G8 driving around or showing up to some events. And I'm sure we'll get the same questions from people that don't know about these cars like you do with the pontiac look.

Post up those pics when you get a cjance.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Thats awesome, can't wait to see. The issue with the HSV rear bumper may be the underside plasitic shroud, because the bumpers from AU are thinner than the ones sent over here, they may be a few inches shorter. So the black plastic on the inside of the bumper that clips onto the alumimum bumper may not want the facia to set flush with the fenders and trunk. You may also have to modify your tailpipes also. Other than that, thats awesome. If our GT wasn't our daily driver I would love to have different grill and bumper. But my main choice would be the HSV front quarter panels instead.

Keep the PICS coming.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Subscribed; I love that you're attempting the GTS rear bumper, very nice.

But the engine cover? 6.2L on a GT? hmmmm...

I love the E2 GTS front clip, and can't wait for your reveal once you get it. And for those who can't picture this, imagine this on his car:

:D And classic one, Nate. :D I get some stuff from Australia too, did you know that's where these cars originate at, Nate? :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thats awesome, can't wait to see. The issue with the HSV rear bumper may be the underside plasitic shroud, because the bumpers from AU are thinner than the ones sent over here, they may be a few inches shorter. So the black plastic on the inside of the bumper that clips onto the alumimum bumper may not want the facia to set flush with the fenders and trunk. You may also have to modify your tailpipes also. Other than that, thats awesome. If our GT wasn't our daily driver I would love to have different grill and bumper. But my main choice would be the HSV front quarter panels instead.

Keep the PICS coming.
Yes the side brackets need to be changed to the HSV for the bumper to clip on place. And the rear reinforment needs to be worked on to clear the bumper and the reverse sensors.

Yeah do that to you car is a really nice upgrade. Ill try to keep y'all updated.

Subscribed; I love that you're attempting the GTS rear bumper, very nice.

But the engine cover? 6.2L on a GT? hmmmm...

I love the E2 GTS front clip, and can't wait for your reveal once you get it. And for those who can't picture this, imagine this on his car:

:D And classic one, Nate. :D I get some stuff from Australia too, did you know that's where these cars originate at, Nate? :D
I was planning on doin a full E2 conversion but something about the rear E2 bumper didn't convince me to buy it. That's why I decided to go with the 07 GTS on the rear.

The engine cover is an LS3 just to go with the GTS conversion. It won't even matter since the engine will no longer be 6.0 nor 6.2 I'm planning on doing a 418 or 427 stroke for my nitrous system.
Working on the engine and the exterior look at the same time is a really pain in the A**

I love how it looks too and we are able to keep the same hood.

Yae Mate! These are true aussie vehicles at a very expensive cost!! Lol...

·
Registered
707 Posts
Suede HSV Steering Wheel

How about this GXP/HSV wheel, saw it on flebay.au and thought that this would fit your conversion. He got it refinished with suede leather with red stiching - giving it the CTSv wheel look. It looks great, but would look out of place on my ride. Don't know if he would ship it to the States, but you can always ask - and the price isn't outragous either for a gxp/hsv wheel. It would defently fit in with you transformation.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VE-GTS-HSV-HOLDEN-STEERING-WHEEL-SUEDE-/280917487292?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4167fcaebc

I still have to refinish my HSV wheels, but I'll probably wait till the winter when they come back off the car. So today I spent my refinish & BIRTHDAY (yesterday) money on a HSV 6.0 engine cover from flebay off the sellers Senator which has 1400KMS, which is pretty new for about 1/2 the price shipped. It never hurts to ask flebay.au sellers if they would ship to the States just as long as you tell them you'll pay all shipping fees.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That wheel doesn't look bad at all. I wouldn't mind gettin it but I rather use that money right now to get the caps and bumper painted. And that's what I do when I find something on ebay that I like or want I aske them if they can ship it to the Statets and what would be the cost.

I'm still looking on what wheels I should put on my car, I would really like to put the HSV Black Edition wheels but I can already imagine the price on thoses. Or if I go with the HSV E2 I would want them all black.

You did good on the engine cover and you'll be surprise sometimes you come across some stuff at a very good price.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I saw a set of 20" HSV Black Edition on fleebay the other day, along with flute covers, badges and spoiler. And YES they were out of this world expensive because you need a VIN to get parts and only about 115 total were made of which 15 were sent to NZ (sedan, wagon, ute total). The wheels did not sell, but asking price was something like $4500AU. But they did look amazing, I believe it came off a totaled Red ute HSV.

http://www.magwheelservices.com.au/Automotive/Wheels-Tyres-Parts-Accessories/Car-Truck-Accessories/Damaged-HSV-VE-E3-Maloo-Black-Edition/AD005291714/details.aspx

·
Registered
707 Posts
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
About this Discussion
51 Replies
25 Participants
GXP25
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing