Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I didn't see the wheels but I was keeping track of the flutes and badges. The end prices were a bit high especially on the guard flutes...
Guard Flutes AU$700
Bonnet Flutes AU$425
Badges AU$355

And I bet ill be looking arournf 6k or more for the wheels shipped to the US if I'm lucky.

I really like how the Black Edition looks it really stands out. I also like how it looks on a white color.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Wow ! I love the look of that red one !! :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
God, I wish it didn't cost so much to get these things from Australia. Those wheels are hot.

·
Registered
707 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
I would love to have the HSV front bumper minus the LED lights though I could convert them into a turn signal.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I would love to have that red black edition but AU67k = US69.5k plus maybe another 3K to ship the car to the US thats a lot....

·
Registered
707 Posts
I would love to have that red black edition but AU67k = US69.5k plus maybe another 3K to ship the car to the US thats a lot....
Might be alittle more difficult than that, because they (port US) doesn't let any cars in the US that are not older than 25years that don't meet US DOT standards (unless you've got $$$$$). Now if your really focused on something like this, others have done it with utes is they can be shipped over labeled as parts. Removing engine, trans, to be reasembled with a G8 vin. Price may be closer to $90k by the time it gets to your driveway.

Change topic - Yesterday I fitting my HSV E engine cover and boy I was sweating it (102F) both being hot and thinking I was going to brake one of the tabs off. Its almost an inch taller than the stock cover, also the back lip sits down further. I had to push up on the fire wall insulation to make it clear, and actually touches the top but ended up fitting.

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
You can thank the IIHS for a lot of the problems when it comes to grey market imports and Mercedes Benz for implementing the 25 year rule. Used to be if up till 2000 if there was a LHD variant in the US you could import a RHD with little to no trouble now you can't.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
There are many ways to import a car and get it registered in the US but would still lead you on spending a lot of money.
When you register a car in the US they use the yr, make, model and vin # of the car you imported. Now if you want to use the G8 vin on a imported car and say you did a full conversion than that's doing something else not legit that we all know lol.

The engine cover looks real good. I still haven't put mine on since I need to find the right place where to run the custom lines and brackets for the solenoids on my nitrous set up.
But if it touches the top that's going to wear out the paint of my cover since I belive the engine moves more once you have a cam on.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Any update???

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I was waiting on the HSV Rear Facial Brackets to come in at that time and I got them a few weeks after that, now I'm just waiting to get the rear pieces painted. I've been out of town I haven't really have time to work on the car.

I got a few other things storing my room along with the other HSV parts I have. lol...

HSV Triple Gauge Pod
HSV Hood Badge
GTS Front Bumper Badge
VXR8 Cluster Face

·
Registered
297 Posts
I know once the project is completed is not goin to be a usual G8 driving around or showing up to some events. And I'm sure we'll get the same questions from people that don't know about these cars like you do with the pontiac look.

This is going to look great, but I did get a little chuckle out of that part! I was thinking that there are so many many people here in the states that don't know what a G8 looks like, that a G8 converted to a Holden in the states won't get any more or less "what is it?" questions from Americans that an unconverted G8!

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
I'm still :popcorn2: over the rear bumper plans. Might be one-of-one if he pulls it off.

·
What Would Jesus Drive?
1,563 Posts
I know once the project is completed is not goin to be a usual G8 driving around or showing up to some events. And I'm sure we'll get the same questions from people that don't know about these cars like you do with the pontiac look.

This is going to look great, but I did get a little chuckle out of that part! I was thinking that there are so many many people here in the states that don't know what a G8 looks like, that a G8 converted to a Holden in the states won't get any more or less "what is it?" questions from Americans that an unconverted G8!
Having owned the most complete SSV replica in the US, I can guarantee you will hear, "What is it" more than 10,000 times!!

·
Pontiac Crazy
397 Posts
I was just looking at that front bumper on JHP wondering how it looks on the G8 (the pictures on JHP aren't the greatest for telling if you really like it). Can't wait to see the final result!

P.S. Take plenty of pictures ;)

·
Registered
351 Posts
El Dorian did you ever get anywhere with the build? I am trying to make the front conversion now just curious if you have any updates?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I didn't see the wheels but I was keeping track of the flutes and badges. The end prices were a bit high especially on the guard flutes...
Guard Flutes AU$700
Bonnet Flutes AU$425
Badges AU$355

And I bet ill be looking arournf 6k or more for the wheels shipped to the US if I'm lucky.

I really like how the Black Edition looks it really stands out. I also like how it looks on a white color.
El Dorian I'm curious, the bonnet flutes you mentioned are those the louver looking inserts? if so where did you find them avail for order?

·
Registered
351 Posts
El Dorian I'm curious, the bonnet flutes you mentioned are those the louver looking inserts? if so where did you find them avail for order?
You can get them here. Or look on the AU ebay and they pop up problem is shipping them from ebay is hit or miss some will and some wont but not being vendors never know how its packed.
***EDIT the bonnet flutes are the hood inserts in his avatar the two chrome parts. those are not available through JHP as a single piece
http://www.jhpss.com/Pontiac-G8/Bodykit.htm

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
About this Discussion
51 Replies
25 Participants
GXP25
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing