Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is posting in the right section or not but anyway. This is my 2009 SRM V6. Have only done appearance type stuff so far; 18" chrome helo rims, limo tint on rear windows and light tint on the tail lights. Thinking of getting the smoked side marker lights as well. Doing my first performance type mod today! k&n intake. Friday I will have a throttle body spacer ordered. Next up is exhaust I really like the sound of solo but we will see. I seen there is a underdrive pulley available for our cars but I just replaced my belt and stuff 5 days before I seen that lol so it will wait. Then the overkill tune! Anyways this is my baby as of right now

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree! Just finished this.. Took under 45 min and sounds great!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Car looks great! Good luck with the tune. I am interested in the results as well. Get the SOLO catback exhaust - you won't regret it :burnout:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ do u have a video of your exhaust?

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I seen everyone talking about the drone. What do you think? Is it not that bad or is it a I want to get out of the car and beat the crap out of your exhaust type noise?

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts
I seen everyone talking about the drone. What do you think? Is it not that bad or is it a I want to get out of the car and beat the crap out of your exhaust type noise?
Depends on how loud the drone is. Cruising 1700-1800 rpm in my G8 the sound in the car is roughly 95db avg (that is ridiculously high). Long term it'll have an adverse affect, but I don't take the car on long trips. When I do however, I shift the gear down and cruise @ a higher rpm. Took her for a 2 hr cruise once (1st long cruise ever) and my ears were ringing. I've also tuned the drone out in my head, or maybe that's just me going deaf. HAHAHAHAHAHA. Wife gets migraines everytime we cruise in the G8. I tell her to train herself.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm. I wonder if anyone in alberta has solo that will take me for a ride in their car so I can experience this lol then decide

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts
Hmm. I wonder if anyone in alberta has solo that will take me for a ride in their car so I can experience this lol then decide
Solos will have minimal drone if any.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice! I have my dog with me almost all the time to so a loud drone wouldn't be the best

·
Registered
864 Posts
if u have any questions about the exhaust feel free to ask...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Prob end up going x pipe and v6 axle back from solo. I would really like to have the cat back system but afraid it will be a little to much drone for me

·
every village has one
2,170 Posts
Prob end up going x pipe and v6 axle back from solo. I would really like to have the cat back system but afraid it will be a little to much drone for me
Highly doubtful that you'll have any drone if you go with the Solos. Might as well get the GXP diffuser and 3.5 tips while you're at it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks :) exhaust should be ordered at the end of the month, I'm excited lol

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have the GT solo Mach shorty catback on my V6 and there is hardly any drone. When I'm light on the throttle and just cruising in the city or freeway it stays pretty quiet. I forget I have an exhaust sometimes when I have my cruise on the freeway! As soon as you give it any gas though you'll definitely hear it. It gets LOUD!

·
OGOC MEMBER
320 Posts
I see your from Alberta, will you be having your exhaust done at a local shop? If so I'm sure prior to welding what you want up, they could put together a couple combination's for you just lightly clamped for a sound clip on your car. H-pipe VS X and muffler combo's. Hot Rod Scotts here in Toronto is well equipped for that. I find the X pipes on many vehicles to be a little to raspy myself, H pipe is somewhat better IMO. However everyone has different tones in which they like. If you are going to add headers down the road I would go with the H pipe JMO. I would go custom mandrel bent stainless welded myself do it once .
Hope this helps
Eric

1 - 20 of 45 Posts