Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't even looking to trade because I liked my g8 so much, but was browsing autotrader and found a sport red, 6 speed GXP for a good price at Reliable Chevrolet in Richardson, TX. Called them up and it sounded like a workable deal, so I drove over and bought it last night. Paid 28K for the GXP with 10,000 miles and they gave me 22.5K for mine with 15,000 miles. As much as I enjoyed driving my GT, the GXP is a totally different animal, and I couldn't be happier with my find.

Just wanted to post to let others know what I got with no haggling. BTW, does anyone know whose this GXP was? Was bought at James Wood apparently so it should be local to DFW.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow, that's a great deal! 6 speed manual I'm guessing? We have two here in the Seattle area, both are 6-speed manual, both are staying firm at around $36k...both white, both with 12k miles....sort of eerie now that I mention it...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Smokin Deal! Congrats!

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Wow. Congrats on the deal!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sounds like a great deal. I really wish I could of got a GXP from the get go but I think in two years the GXP will really be a great deal. Not really afraid of high mileage cars so I should find one for me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow - 6 speed manual at that price! I actually saw your car for sale after you posted that you had bought it - dealership had just posted to cars.com. Currently there are only 4-5 GXP's with manual transmissions for sale in the whole US (at least, according to Autotrader, ebaymotors, and Cars.com), and the least expensive of those is $36k. (I'm on the search myself...)

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Wow - 6 speed manual at that price! I actually saw your car for sale after you posted that you had bought it - dealership had just posted to cars.com. Currently there are only 4-5 GXP's with manual transmissions for sale in the whole US (at least, according to Autotrader, ebaymotors, and Cars.com), and the least expensive of those is $36k. (I'm on the search myself...)
Is mine one of the 5?:)

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42545

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yeah I'd say you got a pretty good deal, I paid 32K for mine when I bought it new in May 09'. Barrett Jackson will be auctioning off a MSM GXP, 6-speed this week and it will be interesting to see what kind of money it brings.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Yeah I'd say you got a pretty good deal, I paid 32K for mine when I bought it new in May 09'. Barrett Jackson will be auctioning off a MSM GXP, 6-speed this week and it will be interesting to see what kind of money it brings.
It will be. I doubt that it'll go for solid money though. That's the wrong environment to sell a car like that.

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Great deal, and welcome the the GXP Manual brotherhood! GTs are awesome cars (I would have bought a GT for sure if it could have been had with a manual transmission), but a manual GXP is a whole new world of driving enjoyment. Congrats!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Damn... I'm in TX and that's the deal I've been looking for, some kind of trade up for $6-8k. everything I can find is $10-12k, which is just stupid.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Damn... I'm in TX and that's the deal I've been looking for, some kind of trade up for $6-8k. everything I can find is $10-12k, which is just stupid.
That's what kept me from buying one new and decided to go with the GT was the $10K difference. I just couldn't see it. But at the $5.5K difference between trade on mine and retail on the GXP, having owned both I can say without hesitation that it is definitely worth it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
19 Participants
WP GT
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing