Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
1 of 927
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got my G8 GT!! Seems like all the CRAP I went through to get one, I found the one I was suppose to have.
22,000+ mile, 08, Ignition Orange, bone stock...and I only had to drive 1.5 hours to get it!!:driving:

Anyway, here are a couple shots from today....

Heres a video from the Dyno...
https://www.facebook.com/GCraigNewport?ref=tn_tnmn#!/photo.php?v=2972104575895
Bone Stock....304HP/327TQ
We ended up bolting on a used set of Magnaflow mufflers (DROOONE on the way home) 310HP/329TQ
Last "mod" was to remove the Air Cleaner, 313HP/329TQ
All runs were PIG FAT! I cant wait to get my headers, CAI and a tune.

I LOVE this G8!!!!:gears:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Congrats, Qwk. You are going to love this car.

·
1 of 927
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THANKS guys! Ive been up the past few nights (since Ive had it) looking at all kinds of different things I can do wit it.
I know I will be doing Headers, Exhaust, DOD delete& cam swap, CAI and then maybe Nitrous or a SC. Decisions decisions....:)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Congrats! good color, there is one running around my area here in west MI, has PONTIAC

·
Registered
185 Posts
so to continue my post and my two year old wont smash the enter key, its say PONTIAC in black vinyl on the bumper. Good luck with the mods, let the beast breathe!

·
Registered
514 Posts
congrats on the new ride!! the color is amazing in the sun!! What you thinking on the mods? wheels? what exhaust?

·
1 of 927
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess Ill make this my "Build thread" :)

I bought a used Roto-Fab kit from Bret for $100 (he now has a Procharger)and found time to install it the other day.

My two daughters said that they wanted to help. But they ended up "helping"...by watching Casper.

So I started out by removing the Engine cover...Lot Tech decided NOT to clean under it.

Tear down...

My middle daughter took a break from Casper and found my Camera. She decided to take pics of me (she is 5) and other shots of the car. She went around opening all the doors and I kept hearing the "click" of the Camera many many times. Once I got a a stopping point, I went through and deleted 10 or so pics and handed the camera back to her. Of course she was bored with that and went back to watching Casper.

All the stock Air cleaner assembly removed.

Installing the Roto-Fab.

DONE!!

After install I had to wait a couple days per the weather, but my step daughter and I finally got to take it out and see the difference between the stock air box and the RF....Very notable difference! For a simple bolt on, the Roto-Fab is well worth the money!

More to come,

Craig

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Your garage is sweet! How much did the G8 cost.... curious....

·
Registered
534 Posts
Congrats on finding a very nice G8. IOM and White Hot are my two fav G8 colors. Had they offered IOM in '09 I probably would have gone with that over White. Enjoy your Roto, I love mine!

·
Northeast G8 Owners Club
1,979 Posts
Congrats and welcome! You have a very nice looking garage too.

FYI if you're having trouble with the coolant cap not closing properly because of the Roto radiator cover you can order one from a GM pickup/ SUV that's black and closes much tighter.

·
1 of 927
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did some "work" to the G8 today. Nothing too much, but it looks cleaner now.

Before

During

After

Im not sure if Im going to leave the G8 on. Ill make up my mind when I get around to installing this.
Thanks to [email protected] for the Fast shipping!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I'm so jealous of your garage. I would sleep next to my car if my garage was that nice.

1 - 20 of 194 Posts
About this Discussion
193 Replies
50 Participants
Qwk
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing